Concorso Italiano on Friday August 17th

Post and Discuss NorCal-related events here.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Concorso Italiano on Friday August 17th

Postby lotusgirlmarie » Tue 24.07.2007, 23:42

Anyone else going? This will be the last time I'll be going out with the car on the west coast for a while as I"m heading off to the midwest in late August.
Must....................Go...............Faster
lotusgirlmarie
Goddess

Concorso

Postby jabrown39 » Thu 26.07.2007, 20:19

Marie,

Sorry I'm going to miss ya on this trip.

I still have to sort out the broken exhaust I got from the last time we went out to play.

My weekend is shot anyway. Friday stuck at work with a grant renewal, Saturday over to the Monterey Historics and a Lewis Black show that night followed by an 8AM flight on Sunday to Vegas.

Hopefully the traffic is sorted for those who don't know your secret back road access on the base. I heartily recommend anyone going, to meet up with her in Salinas and follow her tail to the lotus corral.

Enjoy the fashion show, Italian spectacle and abundance of red wine.

Cheers,
Jim
jabrown39
Tinkerer

Postby lotusgirlmarie » Thu 26.07.2007, 23:24

I"m going to be leaving early Friday morning and make the trek down the same day as the show. If anyone wants to tag along post here and I"ll PM details as they become available.

Jim, I"m going to miss you this year. What happened to the exhaust? Too much hard driving? What broke? You need to check out the Lotus before the end of August. It's shaping up tp be a really sweet ride.
Must....................Go...............Faster
lotusgirlmarie
Goddess

Postby Kjeld » Wed 01.08.2007, 03:35

Hold on NorCal Elaners. You do understand what we are talking about here, right? This is not about just Concourse Italiano, or Laguna Seca Historic Car Race. This is the LGM farewell tour. Forget the job, the wife, the broken exhaust, and all the other excuses that would be acceptable under normal circumstances.

Giddy'up boys. We got some miles to cover, behind a white Elan pace car driven with a certain urgency.
Ready to sell...... I think.
Kjeld
Fanatic

Postby JLSELAN » Fri 10.08.2007, 02:45

Yes, a very special, and momentous occasion that I would hate to miss.
So right now it looks like I'll be there helping out the Noble crew that will be showing 4 extra special cars at the Corral (one is even red :wink:).
I expect to have my own car at the Historics on Saturday, but it's really not in the same class as these "show" cars.

Hope to see you there, Marie.

Cheers, Joel
JLSELAN
Enthusiast

Return to Events - NorCal