Palo Alto British Car Meet / Sunday, Sept. 10

Post and Discuss NorCal-related events here.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby Ekapol » Mon 10.09.2007, 19:28

Just knew about the event in the evening. :smt017

Heard that Kjeld's was the only Elan that showed up. Guess it will have to be next year then :-D
"Do or do not.... there is no try."

“Named must your fear be before banish it you can.” -- Yoda
Ekapol
God

Postby jabrown39 » Tue 11.09.2007, 19:32

Hey Shaun,

It was great meeting you on our side of the pond. How was your first look at the wrong side drive with the funny boot lid?

Next time you come to visit, I can have all sorts of GM parts ready for you to take back. Too bad the Peco is too big to go in your luggage in return.

It is strange to have some one look at your car that knows Elan’s asking question rather than the "what is it?" lookers.

I saw Kjeld's car, but not him until he was driving out at noon saying it was lunch time. LGM's was missing as was Joel's Noble. Not quite the same without them. Mark's hasn't been at the last few meetings preferring to drive rather than park his.

Ekapol - Sorry you didn't get the word. It was on the calendar at GGLC. Joel usually posts the call to attend here but didn't this year and I knew Marie was missing in action.

This may be the last year here due to planned construction on the site. Palo Alto is trying to give us space elsewhere but it won't be the same. With out the location, Shaun would not have seen it. If construction is delayed then it may be held again in September. I'll try and get active in what is going on and post it here.

It was one of the biggest turnouts and the Exiges are just so much more when compared to the Elise in my opinion. The grey one was well done for the track and the highlight of the lot for me although the "no show / all go" Europa would be a close second.

Cheers to those I meet as well as those I missed,

Jim
jabrown39
Tinkerer

Postby lotusgirlmarie » Tue 11.09.2007, 23:03

Amazingly enough My dad brought my car down to the show all be it at noon though. He really wanted to go and his Healy is having brake issues so he took the LGM Elan down instead. He was abit shocked that there were very few Elan's and no Noble from Joel. He had said the turn out was abit smaller than in previous yeears. He also metioned about the construction. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.
Must....................Go...............Faster
lotusgirlmarie
Goddess

Postby Ekapol » Wed 12.09.2007, 09:25

jabrown39 wrote:Ekapol - Sorry you didn't get the word.

Don't mention that Jim. We can always go out for a drive. LGM will come back soon and if the schedule is right probably we could organize something.

:cheers:

Ekapol
God

Postby jabrown39 » Thu 13.09.2007, 19:35

Calling LGM :!:

We need your schedule to plan a play date as soon as you get back to normal elevations. The earlier we get it nailed down, the more will come out to play.

A coastal mountain drive 8) , wine tasting trip :drunk: , or maybe even a track day.

Cheers,

Jim
jabrown39
Tinkerer

Postby lotusgirlmarie » Fri 14.09.2007, 00:01

I will be back in SF on the 21st of Sept. 7 days away. Oooooo I'm sooooooo excited now and nervous. Another big test tomorrow. I leave again on that following Tuesday.
lotusgirlmarie
Goddess

Postby Doug » Fri 14.09.2007, 01:14

what are you away doing, Marie? Is it an aviation mechanics course?
Doug
LEC Founder

Postby lotusgirlmarie » Fri 14.09.2007, 04:41

It is in the airline industry.... Sadly enough I can't say more than that. For those that do know I ask you to keep this information to yourself as my status has just changed and I was given a gag order. I appologize for all of the secrecy.

With any luck I'll get to play with my car every so often. For the most part though I'll be giving it to my Dad as I will have to relocate soon. :( Projects will unfortunately go alot slower for the first few years.
lotusgirlmarie
Goddess

Missed it!

Postby JLSELAN » Sat 15.09.2007, 22:39

Sorry I was unable to get to the ABCM this year.
No problem with me or the Noble, however I was 8K miles away in Europe on a pre-packaged tour (Croatia) and had no control over the trip dates.
I was a great trip, but I'm back now so may be able to join in any upcoming activities :).
I hope all goes well on your "secret mission", Marie--it sounds exciting!

Cheers, Joel
JLSELAN
Enthusiast

Postby bobface » Fri 28.09.2007, 12:02

Hey Guys,

I'm actually coming back out your way week of the 15th, so if anybody needs any (not very heavy) parts shipping for free, i'm more than happy to do so!

Shaun
bobface
Enthusiast

Postby jabrown39 » Fri 28.09.2007, 17:34

Shaun,

Glad you have volunteered to mule goodies across the pond. I’ll try and come up with a light shopping list but right now the parts I need are either back ordered, unavailable or incapable of fitting in the overhead locker.

Do you have time for a good American brew and dinner while you’re here? I'll let you try out the ESM chip switcher and get a comparison of the US vs S2.

I can start collecting things for you to take back if you or anyone else needs things available cheaply here especially with the weak USD.

Cheers,

Jim

I’ll PM you my cell phone number.
jabrown39
Tinkerer

Postby Ekapol » Mon 14.01.2008, 06:34

Doug wrote:ah, this is what I like to see -- Stripey sucking in some bystanders for a meal . . . :smt076

I accidently clicked on the quote button. Was trying to fix those broken image links.

Ekapol
God

Postby Enright » Wed 16.01.2008, 11:29

That's OK - nice to see the rear view on the right again! :lol:
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
Enright
Modificator

Postby Ekapol » Thu 17.01.2008, 02:16

:-D

Ekapol
God

Postby Ekapol » Thu 07.02.2008, 07:37

The site that I hosted all my elan pictures were shut down. :twisted: I had to fix many broken links on my posts on LEC.

I know.... most (all?) of my posts are not too much technical, just my little project here and there. But heh, I tried. Hope it's at least useful for some of us... more or less.

Also that now, pictures from this event could be found on my photography page:

Piccies from Santana Row/Danville Wine Run

Ekapol
God

Postby JLSELAN » Sat 01.03.2008, 06:52

Thanks for the link to your great pics, Ekapol--brings back lots of good memories :D.

And we are going to do something similar again in the Spring. Right now the Lotus club is planning a run and BBQ in May. The run will probably start at SR again, and the BBQ will be in Danville at Mel and Darlene's place. More info to follow.
JLSELAN
Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Events - NorCal