Contaminated fuel

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, clemo, nitroman, Specky, GeoffSmith, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, DaveT

Contaminated fuel

Postby Steve A » Sat 22.06.2019, 22:39

:evil: Well I've had a bad week :banghead:
After finishing work on Tuesday I filled my car (NOT ELAN) with petrol, I then drive about a mile, the car just about makes it onto a large roundabout and dies,
I now sit with beeping cars passing me on both sides :roll: like I'm doing this for kicks :x lucky for me I'm spotted by a kindly AA man who parks his van behind me
and puts his light's on (I regret leaving them now :oops: ), he helps me push my dead car to a safer place :)
I explain to him that I had just refuelled and he said that he had a customer in his van who had also done the same (me pump 9, him pump 10) :idea:
With the help of the Police and my own breakdown service I eventually got home. I went back to the garage to raise my concerns and they said they had been open since 06:30 (it was now about 5pm ) and they had received no complaints so far :smt017
To cut an already long story short I got wind that a contamination lorry was at the station so I phoned the manager and they confirmed there was a problem :( they arrange a visit of a "contamination team" which confirm the worst and suggest my car should go to their workshop for further investigation and to replace any damaged parts :roll:
and all I did was fill my car with petrol !!
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Re: Contaminated fuel

Postby John_W » Sun 23.06.2019, 20:17

Bad luck. :(
Contaminated with what? Diesel or water?
John_W
Heid-bummer

Re: Contaminated fuel

Postby Steve A » Sun 23.06.2019, 20:51

John_W wrote:Bad luck. :(
Contaminated with what? Diesel or water?

Water and plenty of it :roll:
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Return to Off Topic Area