Koenigsegg One:1, Worlds first Megacar!

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, GeoffSmith, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Nige, Enright, nitroman, algirdas, Sy V, Specky, clemo

Koenigsegg One:1, Worlds first Megacar!

Postby Jamie N » Mon 29.10.2018, 20:23

I wonder what opinions Elan owners have of this beast.... https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... &t=1774850 .
I think its just a wee bit stunning :D , imagine actually owning something of that ilk and driving it on the roads, just incredulous,
the reactions from other road users must be something else , that front end is especially beautiful.

0 to 248MPH in 20 seconds :shock: Yours for £5.6 Million. Of course I would never swap my old 1.6 Lotus Elan for it :-D .
User avatar
Jamie N
Seal God
 
Posts: 973
Joined: Wed 21.12.2005, 18:49
Location: Fife...but not a Fifer !.

Re: Koenigsegg One:1, Worlds first Megacar!

Postby Saltire » Mon 29.10.2018, 21:53

Jamie N wrote:Of course I would never swap my old 1.6 Lotus Elan for it :-D .


Maybe not, Jamie, but you could have a lot of fun putting a VTEC in it. Or two . . .
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2 no 512, BRG/magnolia, last of 4 UK S2 to this spec
2017 BMW F48 X1 2.0D AWD (goes December)
2019 Volvo XC40 (arrives December)
User avatar
Saltire
God
 
Posts: 1370
Joined: Sun 05.04.2015, 22:27
Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Re: Koenigsegg One:1, Worlds first Megacar!

Postby Kipperozzy » Mon 29.10.2018, 22:19

This one only does 212 MPH :D
Better off with an Elan


https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/cele ... w-15341795
Kipperozzy
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed 09.03.2016, 15:14
Location: Greenock, Scotland

Re: Koenigsegg One:1, Worlds first Megacar!

Postby sideways » Tue 30.10.2018, 00:45

My first decision maker is the looks - so I won't be buying one of these.
sideways at speed
Delta BC Canada
User avatar
sideways
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun 03.06.2018, 23:22

Re: Koenigsegg One:1, Worlds first Megacar!

Postby ElanBRG » Tue 30.10.2018, 05:07

Jamie N wrote:I wonder what opinions Elan owners have of this beast.... https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... &t=1774850 .
I think its just a wee bit stunning :D , imagine actually owning something of that ilk and driving it on the roads, just incredulous,
the reactions from other road users must be something else , that front end is especially beautiful.

0 to 248MPH in 20 seconds :shock: Yours for £5.6 Million. Of course I would never swap my old 1.6 Lotus Elan for it :-D .


What is it like driving one of these? It goes without saying that they are fast and incredibly solid cars that feel incredibly well planted to be able to go over 200mph. But the other aspect is that these cars are celebrities in and of themselves, and even have their own Paparazzi. There are literally "car spotter" websites and professional YouTubers that travel the world to catch these cars on camera.

I have a car that would be considered a celebrity, not of this caliber, but it draws the same level of attention. It's awesome when you want that attention. But when you don't, it gets annoying, especially when you are over the novelty of the extra attention and you just want to get where you're going. Cars are always racing up through traffic to flock around your rear bumper to take pics and videos while they are driving at the same time, so you have to drive extra defensively. And it's near impossible to feel comfortable parking the car in public, even in valet, without worrying about something happening to it. These cars attracts all sorts of attention, good and bad. Don't get me wrong, 99% of those people are really cool and just want to appreciate the car, but the other 1% could be people that don't feel too good that you having that kind of car while they were somehow cheated by life out of owning one. Those people could decide to even the score by hurting your car while it's parked, or do stupid things on the road like change lanes for no reason inches from your front bumper. It's also annoying when people try to show off in their car like they are auditioning for you for an F1 driver's job.

I don't have any of those jobs to give out.
91 Elan BRG
User avatar
ElanBRG
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri 09.02.2018, 05:04
Location: Houston, TX


Return to Off Topic Area

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest