40 YEARS OF LOTUS CLUB HOLLAND

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

40 YEARS OF LOTUS CLUB HOLLAND

Postby TrevorB » Wed 29.03.2017, 12:44

After our wonderful trip to Holland in November 2014 I have been looking for an opportunity to reacquaint our friendship with
Henri and the Lotus Club Holland folks we met. Having been liaising with Henri over the last few months this opportunity has
finally come along with the Classic Wings and Wheels Event at Gilze-Rijen airbase on Saturday 26th August 2017. This event
only happens every 2 years.
http://www.classicwings-wheels.nl/english-abstract.html

Lotus Club of Holland will be celebrating 40 years and as the Lotus is the 'featured marque' at this event they are organising this
to try and get together as many cars from around Europe together.
https://www.lotusclubholland.nl/en/even ... 6-augustus

We have already registered and also booked Hotel in Breda which is close to the airbase. We shall be travelling out on Thursday
24th August via Eurotunnel and then driving through France, Belgium into Holland. Returning on Eurotunnel on Sunday 27th August.

If there is anyone else in LEC that may be interested please look at the links above. This could be a fantastic opportunity for some
LEC members to get together.

Trevor :D

:cheers:
Silk Red SE Turbo
Short shift conversion with BB aluminium cables
HiSpec's
Piper Exhaust
TrevorB
Wannabe Princess

Re: 40 YEARS OF LOTUS CLUB HOLLAND

Postby TrevorB » Wed 21.06.2017, 19:54

Thought I would bring your attention to this event again as original post was put up 3 months ago and there is only 2 months
before the event. So enough time to arrange things if anyone else is interested.

Trevor

:cheers:
Silk Red SE Turbo
HiSpec's
Piper Exhaust
TrevorB
Wannabe Princess

Postby Steve A » Wed 21.06.2017, 21:45

8) Hmm that looks really good Trev
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Postby TrevorB » Tue 22.08.2017, 17:45

It's creaping up and I've been busy getting 'Merlot' prepared for our road trip to Holland, starting on Thursday. I'm hoping to put some more photo's
and notes as the weekend progresses. A couple of pics today as I've finished getting her ready.
2017-08-22 14.07.51 (1024x576).jpg

2017-08-22 14.11.43 (1024x576).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silk Red SE Turbo
HiSpec's
Piper Exhaust
TrevorB
Wannabe Princess

Postby Rambo » Tue 22.08.2017, 19:13

Bon voyage Trevor

Don't forget to give your rusty tool kit a bit of a clean up :twisted:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby TrevorB » Wed 30.08.2017, 22:15

It's now been a few days since returning from our 500 mile round trip to Holland after attending the Classic Wings and Wheels event with the
Lotus Club of Holland. This event is held every 2 years and this year the Lotus Club of Holland were celebrating their 40th anniversary. It was
a good trip and 'Merlot' behaved and purred all the way without a murmur. We stayed in a hotel just outside Breda which was about 10 miles
from the event location. This was held on the Dutch airbase in Gilze-Rijen. Because of this it was a closed event and only invited car clubs
were allowed entry. The organisation was impeccable and all the food and drink were part of the cost. There was an airshow which included
Spitfire and Hurricane demos plus other planes flying demonstrations. Lots of other car clubs. The historic club Lotus had also come over
and there were more than 120 Lotus from around Europe on display.

I met up with Henri and Peter D whilst over there. Henri presented me with a mini 'Merlot' but I will put some photos up under another Topic.

This is definitely an event that should be considered for 2019 if the Lotus Club of Holland are invited again. There are plenty of photos of the
event on their website here: https://www.lotusclubholland.nl/nl/even ... ub-Holland
and also here on the TLF site: https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/t ... b-holland/
far better than the one's I took.

Just a couple of photos from me:
2017-08-25 12.50.19 (1024x576).jpg

parked up in Breda, whilst we walked around. The road was full when we parked!
2017-08-26 10.02.10 (1024x576).jpg

Henri's brg and PeterD silver just in the back.
2017-08-26 10.04.27 (1024x576).jpg

Lotus Club Holland area early in the day, it did fill up more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silk Red SE Turbo
HiSpec's
Piper Exhaust
TrevorB
Wannabe Princess

Return to Other Events