Poor service Triggs garage Shenfield ESSEX

Post the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Lotus service experiences here.

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Poor service Triggs garage Shenfield ESSEX

Postby Rice crispy » Fri 10.09.2010, 09:25

Ordered my tyres from Blackcircles and had them fitted by these cowboys yesterday !! :x 1st they fitted the wheel weights so they fouled on the Hi-specs which they should have noticed as the drove it out of the garage to give to me !! luckily i only drove it about 10ft before i realised the problem, then to cap it all they damaged the paint on the same wheel when they took it off and re-fitted it !! more unhappy about this as I didn't re-check the wheel the 2nd time so didn't see it till i got home :x :x haven't complained to them yet but have to blackcircles and await a reply.

Angry of Brentwood.

david
Rice crispy
God

Re: Poor service Triggs garage Shenfield ESSEX

Postby chris.t » Fri 10.09.2010, 10:28

I have considered using the interweb tyre suppliers but generally only use them to get a guide price. I, fortunately have a tyre fitter down the road who can supply and fit within a couple of quid of the interweb crowd. It often works out cheaper. Whats more i trust their workmanship. Thing is that this fitter charges the earth for fitting if you want your web supplied tyres fitted.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
chris.t
God

Postby Monty » Fri 10.09.2010, 10:32

To be fair it would be your responsibility to let them know that you have larger calipers and the weights my foul, tyre garage just wouldn`t expects such a problem. When i had my 1st brake upgrade (310mm disc) they had to put them on the face of the wheel, didn`t look great but now with my 2nd Wilwwod upgrade i have no issues :-D

I normally just get the tyres delivered and use the same tyre place i`ve used for years as they`ve never damaged or marked my wheels
Monty
Chunder King!

Postby chris.t » Fri 10.09.2010, 11:03

£17 a corner fitting from my local fitter :shock:
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
chris.t
God

Postby Enright » Fri 10.09.2010, 11:32

It really is often a case of 'you get what you pay for' in this area - the tyre fitting industry isn't renowned for employing the most conscientious of workers.

I got a couple of new Toyo Proxes off eBay and a local place only wanted a tenner to balance and fit them. However when they headed towards my sills with a trolley jack which would have completely missed the jacking points I very loudly intervened. I insisted that I use my own jack and remove the wheels one at a time by myself.

They couldn't quite grasp that I wasn't paying for a cheap service just to have my car damaged at the same time. And they probably didn't learn from it either. I'm not saying I'd never go back, in fact I have done a couple of times, but I keep a beady eye on what they're up to when I do!
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
Enright
Modificator

Postby Steve A » Fri 10.09.2010, 11:49

:? My stress levels always peak when I have this kind of work done, if you pay peanuts you tend to get monkeys :wink:
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Postby Specky » Fri 10.09.2010, 11:51

a few that have happened to me:-

a team of two:-

the trolley jack was to big to fit under the car, so one lad try's to pick up the front wing to give it the clearance it requires...

I scream accross the bay....What the f**k do you think you're doing... it's fibreglass you cock (He only looked bout 15 and s**t himself, I think he was work experience)

Next one

the other day infact, took a couple of wheels and Toyo's to get fitted (ATS)

can't mess that up I thought, My mistake...I'd left the wheel centres in...

If you persevere you can nearly get them out by using a screwdriver and levering them outboard.

The manager comes to see me with a Lotus metal disc and some plastic, how do you put these back together... "You don't"

Anyway money off and all that followed...

Ah well......

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
Specky

Postby Steve A » Fri 10.09.2010, 12:27

:? The worst thing that happened to me was when I was building my Westfield,
I got a set of 13X7 Alley cats refurbed and polished, the middle of the wheel sprayed to match the body of the car, this cost me a pretty penny,
I got myself a set of nice sticky tyres from the internet and took them to my local tyre fitter, I sat in the waiting room and waited for the work to be carried out,
Imagine my horror when he gave me my wheels back with the balance weights not stuck but HAMMERED :evil: to the side of the wheel NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Steve A
God

Postby Rice crispy » Fri 10.09.2010, 13:20

Monty, Didn't think to say anything as they were ok before but point taken.

Steve A, the pay for monkeys is spot on as Blackcircles were £55 cheaper than my usual garage.

Ahh well lesson learn't
Rice crispy
God

Postby Steve A » Fri 10.09.2010, 13:58

you pay peanuts you tend to get monkeys

I was referring to the tyre fitters, hope mine don't see this :shock:
Steve A
God

Postby Rambo » Fri 10.09.2010, 14:40

Monty wrote:When i had my 1st brake upgrade (310mm disc) they had to put them on the face of the wheel, didn`t look great but ....

Stop right there Monty. They looked f--------g awful :shock:
Rambo
Sauce au raifort

Postby Rice crispy » Mon 13.09.2010, 16:15

well blackcircles have said tough luck today as I didn't complain about the damage to the paint whilst i was there. can understand their view but told them i will be spending my hard earned elsewhere in the future :wink:
Rice crispy
God

Postby Jackonicko » Mon 13.09.2010, 16:24

Simples:

Micheldever tyres, just off the A34, close to the M3 and A303.

Cheap prices and conscientious, skilled fitters.
Jackonicko

Postby Rice crispy » Wed 29.09.2010, 14:59

Well have refurbed the wheels myself to save money, will add a couple of pics when the weather improves.
Rice crispy
God

Return to Service