QMech - near Bridgend

Post the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Lotus service experiences here.

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

QMech - near Bridgend

Postby JonT » Mon 14.03.2011, 17:23

I've used Andy Stanford for a couple of years to look after my Elise, and having been to see him today with the Elan, I'll be continuing to do so. A true Lotus enthusiast who is completely honest about what work should be done (and sometimes just as importantly doesn't need doing) and with a fastidious attention to detail. A bit out of the way, but /very/ competitively priced, happy for you to turn up with a car full of parts and the bonus of a run back home through the Brecon Beacons. The biggest problem is he's a bit of a victim of his own success with the South Wales lotus owners so gets booked up a long way in advance!
http://www.qmech.co.uk/

Jon
JonT
Fanatic

Re: QMech - near Bridgend

Postby kenich » Mon 14.03.2011, 21:23

Good to hear about sound garages Jon. What work did you have carried out there?
kenich
Fanatic

Re: QMech - near Bridgend

Postby JonT » Tue 15.03.2011, 08:00

kenich wrote:What work did you have carried out there?

On the Elan? Phil gave me a new steering rack with the car to sort out a bit of play in the steering. Having got it up on the ramps, Andy managed to tweak the pinion nut (I think!) which took a bit of the play out, and his view was that having done that it wasn't bad enough to justify changing just yet. He also swapped the front caliper sliders so the car now stops in a straight line :) Mainly it was an excuse to get someone else to have a once over the car and a chance to look at it on a ramp.

On the Elise he did everything from the minor services through to a cambelt change last September for me. He'll do engine rebuilds (he races Caterhams) and has a local bodyshop that does fibreglass.
JonT
Fanatic

Return to Service