Servicing & MOT in NE Scotland

Post the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Lotus service experiences here.

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Servicing & MOT in NE Scotland

Postby Kiwi » Wed 11.05.2011, 19:39

Can anyone recommend a garage for servicing and MOT in the Aberdeen area.

Thanks
Kiwi
Kiwi

Re: Servicing & MOT in NE Scotland

Postby John_W » Wed 11.05.2011, 23:30

Servicing:
JD Motor Engineers
Unit 2, South Road Industrial Estate
Insch AB52 6XF
tel 01464 821151

Conveniently next to the railway station for dropping off & picking up. Usually a Lotus or two and/or TVR in for work as well as local boring euroboxes.

Not sure if they do MOTs, but I get them to do stuff I can't/don't want to do. Mine's going to them in a couple of weeks for a ball joint boot replacement and sorting some play in the steering.

Where are you located?

John
John_W
Philistine

Re: Servicing & MOT in NE Scotland

Postby John_W » Thu 26.05.2011, 22:28

Got my car back from JD today. Having delivered it to them with a boot full of spares (upper & lower ball joints, ball joint boot seals, track rod ends, steering column universal joint and bearing, steering rack bellows, new S2 steering rack), they returned it to me having used only one ball joint boot.

They found that the steering rack on my car is adjustable and adjusted out the small amount of free play there was. The result is that I now have steering with no slack play, which no longer has a tendency to tramline or snatch to the side when I hit potholes. Great result. I'm very pleased.

As a bonus, when I went to pick up the car they had in a red Esprit and an absolutely lovely dark blue 289 Cobra replica.

John
John_W
Philistine

Return to Service