Recommendation for Smart-Repairs in the North

Post the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Lotus service experiences here.

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Recommendation for Smart-Repairs in the North

Postby inkitin » Wed 05.10.2011, 22:17

I'm going to recommend a smart-repair company called Kiwi Colour. They operate in three areas - Lancashire, Manchester and North & West Yorkshire. I've used the Manchester Branch (Steve) twice in the last few months.

I bought a two year old car off my company, back in May, at a really good price and in the full knowledge that it had quite a bad bumper scuff. I researched on the internet, to try and avoid the "cowboy" repairers who I know are out there and came up with these guys. What I liked about them was the fact that they were experienced body shop repairers who'd moved into smart repairs. Steve repaired the bumper scuff at my workplace and, after his repair, despite knowing where the scuff had been, I couldn't detect it at all. Then, last week, some "kind person" keyed the boot lid with a deep two foot long scratch :evil:. I called Steve in again today to repair the scratch and the result is the same, completely undetectable at least to my eyes. He told me that the guys in the two other areas are equally as good. They're not the cheapest but the cheapest are rarely the best. I can highly recommend them for this work.

I have no connection with this company, other than described above.
91 SE Calypso Red

inkitin: 28/09/1949 - 23/07/2014
inkitin
Sadly departed but never forgotten

Return to Service