Sevens and Classics - Tonbridge

Post the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Lotus service experiences here.

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Sevens and Classics - Tonbridge

Postby Grayone » Sat 01.02.2014, 14:21

Does anyone have any experience of 'Sevens and Classics' in Tonbridge, Kent? They say they do servicing and bodywork but then so does my local garage and whilst they might be OK with Ford etc., I'm not sure I would let them loose on a Lotus.
L'imagination est plus importante que le savoir. - Albert Einstein
Grayone

Re: Sevens and Classics - Tonbridge

Postby Rusty Wishbone » Sat 01.02.2014, 15:47

It would be well worth dropping in to talk to them. Working on an Elan is rather diffeent to working on a Seven, but mechanics who have worked on one are enthusiastic to work on the other.

I have my Elan booked in with Jim Litchfield Garage in Southborough. They love to work on classic cars, although I don't know if they have worked on Lotuses much. We could help to build their experience by sending our Elans there! I know two people who recommend them for being good mechanics rather than auto technicians - they can fix things without a laptop.
Rusty Wishbone
Fanatic

Postby TrevorB » Sat 01.02.2014, 19:07

Try Maidstone Sports Cars I know they are a little drive away but they are from Gravesend too.

http://www.maidstonesportscars.co.uk/
Silk Red SE Turbo
Short shift conversion
HiSpec's
Piper Exhaust
TrevorB
Wannabe Princess

Postby Grayone » Sun 02.02.2014, 22:57

In reply to Rusty Wishbone - I too have taken my 'Bob' (registration ends in DYL - hence Dylan - hence Bob, sorry I am a product of the '60s if I can remember... :? ) to them but only for MOT. My 'other' cars have also been there and I declare that an ex pupil of mine works/worked there and he was savagely good but of course I am biased! Years ago there was a garage that worked on Renault Alpines next door and Jim is/was a Jem, a real honest guy who told you what was what. I think he has retired/taken a back seat but I would still go to them for a 'normal' car out of warranty. So maybe we should look to them in West Kent, I'll give them a ring as well as Sevens and Classics.
Grayone

Postby Grayone » Wed 05.02.2014, 16:12

Update on Sevens and Classics in Tonbridge. Went in there today and saw lots of very nice machinery and a very nice looking H reg SE with just 23k on the clock - looks much nicer than mine even though it is the same Calypso Red! Yes they are happy to service the M100 but they are moving in a month to Brands Hatch. So when this rain stops I guess I'll wander round to Jim Litchfield's.
Grayone

Return to Service