British Car Day October 3 San Diego

Post and Discuss SoCal-related events here.

Moderators: theelanman, GeoffSmith, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, dapinky, Dave Eds, Nige, DaveT

British Car Day October 3 San Diego

Postby KO6SY » Sun 22.08.2010, 14:30

Will any one be at British Car day this year? I Am thinking of taking the 120 mile trip to the event.
KO6SY

Re: British Car Day October 3 San Diego

Postby tigerdog » Wed 25.08.2010, 17:33

I plan to be there. It's a pleasant gathering with lots of people milling about looking at each others' cars. I suggest pre-registering as it saves a few bux. Maybe if we all pitch in and help, Techlectic will be able to get his black Elan back on the road (CV joint issues) and he can join us. Oh, and thanks for posting this! I thought I had already done so but I guess I've been preoccupied of late.
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
tigerdog
God

Postby techlectic » Thu 16.09.2010, 21:20

I have my work cut out for me - the CV boot was just something I found investigating other issues. Better start this weekend. I wouldn't want to miss this. The others I've been to have been a blast. Hope to see you there Tigerdog, and it would be great if we had some other M100s join us this year.
techlectic
Enthusiast

Postby KO6SY » Fri 17.09.2010, 14:57

I have this on my schedule to attend with my white 100 - so see you all there!
KO6SY

Five Days To Go

Postby tigerdog » Wed 29.09.2010, 15:16

Only 5 days (counting today) before the event. Shall we identify a place/time to meet and drive in together?
The event is being held near the SD Airport this year. Here's a map.
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
tigerdog
God

Postby KO6SY » Wed 29.09.2010, 16:36

It will be a 2 hour drive for me and I will come down the 15 so if there is a spot on that route where I can meet others it might be fun to drive together.
KO6SY

Postby tigerdog » Thu 30.09.2010, 05:12

It may just be you and me. Since you have to cut west from the 15 to the 5 at some point, you can come across the 56. We could meet at Peet's coffee on Camino Del Sur. Exceptionally good coffee. Coming south on 15, you can take 56 West (Ted Williams Parkway). Very straightforward. If you need fuel, there's a Mobil station at the same exit.

Link to map to Peet's

What time do you think you'll arrive in the area, Malcolm?
tigerdog
God

A Grand Day Out

Postby tigerdog » Mon 04.10.2010, 05:06

While Wallace and Gromit were not in attendance, there were four, count 'em, four M100 Elans at the annual San Diego British Car Day this year! Maybe not a big whoop for those of you in the UK, but this is a large gathering here in the US. Icing on the cake, Smaug eked out "Best of Marque" award - a tribute to Houdini, wherever he is, the wonder of block voting :D , and maybe to a little obsessive polishing from Yours Truly. Best of all, my dear wife actually came down to the show for a bit - not usually her cup of tea.

2010-10-03_12-23-10_265scaled.jpg

Thanks to Malcolm (K06SY) for driving 125 miles each way, Andrew (Techlectic) for sweating through a CV Boot replacement yesterday and Byron (who's been on LEC practically since the beginning) for coming out. More photos and full size (8MP) originals can be had here.

All in all, a great day!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tigerdog
God

Postby Cbad-M100 » Tue 05.10.2010, 16:00

Hi,

I stopped by the show and had the pleasure of meeting some of the M100 owners and being reintroduced to the M100. I want to say thanks for the all the info and am very interested in becoming an owner. I am not very good with names and can't remember which one of you live here in San Diego? I am located in North County. I need to sell either my 86 corvette or 79 911SC ( both are nice cars ) before I can buy or would be interested in some sort of trade for a M100.

I look forward to searching the forum and finding out more about the M100. I will most likly try to post and see if anyone is interested in a trade. Any help full hints on this new quest is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mario
Cbad-M100
Welcome to LEC - please introduce yourself

Postby Specky » Tue 05.10.2010, 18:48

Well done Doug, a credit to yourself, Houdini and the car.

Personally I've never seen an Elan in such good condition, not a spot of rust anywhere....

One question thou.... Why's that board there... you know..... infront of the front left fender.... :wink:

Good skills Again.

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
Specky

Return to Events - SoCal