November 3rd - Vandenberg Air Force Base - Charity Car Show

Post and Discuss SoCal-related events here.

Moderators: theelanman, GeoffSmith, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, dapinky, Dave Eds, Nige, DaveT

November 3rd - Vandenberg Air Force Base - Charity Car Show

Postby mike4usc99 » Wed 19.09.2012, 06:47

To support OUR TROOPS, and to honor the 6000 active duty men and women serving our country at our historic Vandenberg Air Force Base, I am organizing through my role as board member of the Ferrari Club of America an Exotic Car Show featuring ALL exotic cars: Ferrari/Lotus/Lamborghini/McLaren etc. at the MARSHALLIA RANCH GOLF COURSE @ Vandenberg Air Force Base on Saturday morning, November 3, 2012.

All exotic cars are welcome to exhibit on the first fairway at the Air Force Base's Golf Course in a beautiful valley setting along our central coast. There is NO CHARGE to participate, we just need you to DONATE YOUR TIME and put on a great show for our troops.

It's an easy and scenic 2.5 hour drive from L.A. About 130 miles from the San Fernando Valley, past Santa Barbara, near Solvang. The event will be held from 11am until 3pm, so easy for all participants to arrive on time and get home easily. We expect a HUGE turnout.

Free wine tasting will be provided by some of the Santa Inez area wineries, barbeque lunch will be available featuring Famous Santa Maria Tri-tip and the Vandenberg Rock Climbing wall will be holding climbing races!

Vandenberg is a very historic installation, having launched the world's first Intercontinental Ballistic Missile and the world's first Polar Orbiting Satellite.

If you would like to participate, you MUST sign up. Details, directions and a signup form required by the Air Force will be sent to you.

To sign up, please reply to this post or email me with your car model and details, and I will contact you with the formal signup process. More info will be provided closer to the date of the event. YOUR PARTICIPATION IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Here's a link to our thread on LotusTalk: www.lotustalk.com/forums/f96/fast-cars-faster-missiles-charity-car-show-2-nov-3-a-119606/

We had a great charity car show for the kids at Children's Hospital Los Angeles back on April 12 - Over 20 Loti showed up!! (see pics below). It would be great for some Elan's to show!!

E-mail my dad, James Bindman @ cool4re111@gmal.com if interested.

Thanks for reading.

Michael
'05 Elise
mike4usc99
Welcome to LEC - please introduce yourself

Re: November 3rd - Vandenberg Air Force Base - Charity Car S

Postby tigerdog » Mon 24.09.2012, 23:24

Thanks for the heads-up, Michael. There are a few of us here in SoCal. Unfortunately, I'm already booked that weekend or I'd be happy to bring a little British Racing Green into that sea of Marinello Red.
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
tigerdog
God

Return to Events - SoCal