Donut Derelict's

Post and Discuss SoCal-related events here.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, Nige

Donut Derelict's

Postby lotusesprit » Thu 24.04.2003, 05:21

Well, since Doug moved up North, the SoCal Elan guys have been pretty quiet. We need to kick-off the cobwebs of the group, by trying a once a month (or so) gathering at Donut Derelict's. If anyone else in SoCal is interested in participating, please post a message. Thanks.<br><br>-- Ed  :P
lotusesprit
Tinkerer

Re: Donut Derelict's

Postby stiusa » Fri 25.04.2003, 07:09

Ed, of course you can always count on me to be there.  We can always grab a bite to eat at the beach, like the good old days.  Doug, you are always welcome to join us.  I got all my belts done today, and I am good for another 10 years of Doughnut Derelicts.<br><br>Bill Sun  [smiley=sun_smiley.gif]
stiusa

Postby Doug » Fri 25.04.2003, 10:07

I hope you got some extra holes made in your belt, cause after 10 years of Donuts, you will be needing them.<br><br>Bill, I like your "personalized logo smiley"! {  [smiley=sun_smiley.gif] } Makes me want to change my name.  ;)<br><br>Bill, you have been disappointing me; I put in the Jet-hot coated parts and then did the GAZ dampers. What have you been up to? Have you been wasting time with your Esprit or something?<br><br> 8)
Doug
LEC Founder

Postby lotusesprit » Sat 26.04.2003, 02:58

:D Doug, I finally got the joke....good come-back! We will be missing you over in HB, next time... I'm trying to get the 5 or 6 guys in OC together. I know Bill, Rich Lemieux, Dennis London, Jacob, and Brian. I don't know if Dennis Chan still has his Elan  :'(<br><br>-- Ed
lotusesprit
Tinkerer

Postby stiusa » Mon 28.04.2003, 04:02

Doug,<br><br>Naturally, Ed and I are still staying busy modifying our Esprits (got the newest Motoconcept ECU upgrade again).  I picked up a new 2003 BMW 325ci about 3 weeks ago, and am quite busy modifying that.  The Elan always has a very special place in my heart.  I'll take her out every weekend for a fun and energetic drive, wash it, polish it, and then put it back in to the garage just to admire.  I just did get another new Magnaflow stainelss muffler again about 3 weeks ago.  It's a larger oval shape muffler instead of my old round one.  This helps to keep the car quieter and gives it a little needed back pressure to keep the exhaust from popping (The old muffler was too free flowing).  Besides that, the car still drives extremely fast and performs great.<br><br>Bill Sun      [smiley=sun_smiley.gif]
stiusa

Postby F1 LOTUS » Wed 14.05.2003, 05:35

Talking to a friend over the weekend...apparently the 'Derelicts' has moved to the new development at Crystal Cove between Laguna Beach and Corona Del Mar, can any of you guys confirm this???
F1 LOTUS
God

Postby Doug » Wed 14.05.2003, 08:19

Wow, that's a great location if it moved there.  Too bad they developed it though as it used to be natural California landscape--now it a bunch of multi-million$ pod houses crammed on the hill! <br> 8)<br><br>
Doug
LEC Founder

Postby stiusa » Sun 18.05.2003, 04:55

I drove down PCH today towards Newport Coast and Crystal Cove trying to locate the new Derelict location.  While I was waiting at a stop light, a McLaren F1 pulled up next to me.  Naturally I followed it right in to the new Derelict in Crystal cove just passed Newport Coast on PCH before heading in to Laguna.  It is located in a brand new strip mall on PCH right in front of Starbucks.  The new Derelict is a much more high class car display.  Besides the silver McLaren F1 that I followed there (boy, what a sight), there were various classic Ferraris from the early 1960 including a beautiful yellow Daytona, a MBZ 300SL Gullwing, a classic Jaguar race car, 4 BMW Z8, and naturally a lot of other classic as well as newer exotics.  Lotus  was represented there with a track car yellow Elise and a blue 1997 V8 Esprit.  The misc. older clunkers and the motorcycles were no where to be seen.  This is definitely a high class auto show off.  I guess now all the rich people that live nearby can bring out there toys and collections to show. <br><br>Bill Sun  [smiley=sun_smiley.gif]
stiusa

Postby F1 LOTUS » Sun 18.05.2003, 16:55

Bill, sounds to me like there's going to be two 'Derelicts' gatherings, the traditional Hot Rodders / Muscle Car crowd and the 'toy collectors'???<br> The Crystal Cove setting is much nicer though, plenty of parking, over looking the Pacific Ocean, Starbucks!
F1 LOTUS
God

Return to Events - SoCal