MONTE CARLO RALLY PAISLEY

Post and Discuss UK-related one-off events here.

Moderators: theelanman, DaveT, GeoffSmith, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, Specky, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds

MONTE CARLO RALLY PAISLEY

Postby Scott J » Wed 31.01.2018, 19:04

This Historic starts in paisley today for 6th year 3-7pm. There appears to be a NMY in the field reg BRZ***. Anyone on here ?
Some people beat Rambo from A to B.
Scott J
Hairdresser

Re: MONTE CARLO RALLY PAISLEY

Postby ColinBruce » Sun 04.02.2018, 15:41

Hi, it was my car at Paisley on Wednesday. I was surfing the net yesterday and saw your post on here so I thought I should register and get in touch. This event is great fun. The best bit for me is when I leave the start ramp, the pyrotechnics go off then the traffic cops wave you through the red lights!
ColinBruce

Postby clemo » Sun 04.02.2018, 21:14

hi Colin ..

Welcome to LEC .glad you are part of the drivers club . hope to meet you soon . Castle Combe maybe ?
its our big lotus meet for the start of the season .

hope to see you there
Jim Clark S2 on the way . The one with the Yellow spoke wheels .
clemo

Postby Jamie N » Sun 04.02.2018, 21:29

Welcome to the forum Colin. Is this another Scottish member then ?, should be with a name like Bruce! :wink: .
Jamie N
Seal Wrangler

Postby ColinBruce » Thu 08.02.2018, 20:34

Thank you all for the welcome. I'm still trying to set up my profile (without much success) but I'll work it out eventually.

Jamie N, yes I'm Scottish! I live in Prestwick in South Ayrshire (about 20 miles south of Glasgow).
Clemo, I had a look on Google maps to find Castle Combe. You couldn't move it a bit closer???
Scott J, you are in the Glasgow area so maybe we could catch up sometime in the drier weather (yes, my roof leaks like most Elans).

I use my car mostly for navigation rallies which gives me an excuse to drive it hard and get the most enjoyment out of it. These types of events are all over the UK and you can enter many of them with a standard road car. The only modifications to my car are a performance chip and a sports exhaust however I'm considering rally style front spotlights and winter tyres for the next winter rallies. I had hours of fun driving on compacted snow on one of my last night-time rallies before I eventually got stuck on a single track road somewhere near Luss. The event became something of a Top Gear challenge with all teams helping each other out.

If anyone on here has fitted spotlights to their Elan then please get in touch.
ColinBruce

Postby John_W » Fri 09.02.2018, 10:09

Hi, Colin. And welcome.

Have you had the Elan for long? I don’t suppose yours is the yellow one that sometimes sits outside Seditas’s, see here?

John
John_W
Philistine

Postby Scott J » Fri 09.02.2018, 19:04

Colin, welcome to LEC. I currently have an Elise, my old Elan is now owned by Par who lives up Dunfermline way and is also on this forum. He has been doing a rolling restoration past couple winters .
Some people beat Rambo from A to B.
Scott J
Hairdresser

Return to Events - U.K.