North West Meet

Post and Discuss UK-related one-off events here.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: North West Meet

Postby muley » Wed 03.11.2004, 11:49

Mike,<br><br>Good luck in NZ! We were lucky enough to live there from 1983 until 1992, and will probably half retire there -  one of my dreams is to drive an Elan there.<br><br>Which area are you moving to?<br><br>See you at Stoneleigh.<br><br>Jim B
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: North West Meet

Postby Monty » Wed 03.11.2004, 13:11

Mark, don`t know if i can make it this sunday, depends if i can get a lift with dico, but think he`s busy that weekend. But would like to go  ;D<br><br>Mike, good luck on u`r quest, and taking u`r elan, thats great. must be costing u a small fortune  ::) see u at stoneleigh
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Re: North West Meet

Postby new2u » Wed 03.11.2004, 13:54

can't make this weekend at the manor but have the NORLOG event on the calendar for December.<br><br>Stoneleigh not looking favourable - looks like Donington in March for me.<br><br> [smiley=dontknow.gif]<br>Craig<br><br>Monty - i don't think robbie had an incident i believe he just got stung by christopher neils for a full service - he knew the cas needed replacing as well
new2u
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun 02.11.2003, 17:31

Re: North West Meet

Postby TC » Thu 04.11.2004, 11:26

I'm in the area on Sunday will go to the meeting if SHMBO allows.<br><br>Tony
'91 Elan SE Silver
'91 Elan SE Blue
'99 Esprit V8 SE
TC
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed 15.10.2003, 21:57
Location: Marple Bridge

Re: North West Meet

Postby mark29 » Tue 09.11.2004, 15:09

unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances i couldn't make the NORLOG meet on sunday.<br><br>did anybody else go?
1992 silk red se turbo...
User avatar
mark29
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri 13.08.2004, 16:44
Location: cheshire, england

Re: North West Meet

Postby Monty » Tue 09.11.2004, 18:40

Nope  :(, never mind there`s the Dec meet  :)
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Re: North West Meet

Postby 51mon » Tue 16.11.2004, 00:52

Hi Guys<br><br>Live in the NW and just purchased 91 SE so would be good to meet up with all you old salts to here tales of woe and advise on where I should have put my money.<br><br>From the threads can't see what was finaly decided on a December meet but if there is one then I am up for it!<br><br>Simon
User avatar
51mon
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue 09.11.2004, 00:45
Location: Cheshire

Re: North West Meet

Postby Monty » Tue 16.11.2004, 15:53

Another one in cheshire, what colour SE have u got?<br><br>There`s been no NW meet yet, But i think there`ll be a few of us going to the NORLOG meet on 5th December at Ladybarn in Milnrow. Look here:-<br><br>http://www.norlog.net/<br><br><br>
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Re: North West Meet

Postby mark29 » Tue 16.11.2004, 16:01

yes, hopefully there will be a few of us at the NORLOG meet. see you there...<br><br>51mon where abouts in cheshire are you based? what colour SE have you got?
1992 silk red se turbo...
User avatar
mark29
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri 13.08.2004, 16:44
Location: cheshire, england

Re: North West Meet

Postby 51mon » Fri 19.11.2004, 14:13

Dear Monty and mkt29,  My Elan is a Red SE first registered in January 1991.  Quite a lot of work needs to be done to get it up to scratch but its not too bad.<br><br>My GZ is Grappenhall, South Warrington.  I plan to go to the the Stoneleigh show but will not take the car.<br><br>I am at present trying to source the hood seals and Andrew Neil seems as good as anyone on price.  They do however confirm that the LH intermediate seal (A100v0124F) is on back order by Hethel.  Worrying part here is that all the seals were manufactured by Standard Prioducts Canada Ltd which seems to have disapeared off the face of the earth.  Anyone got any ideas on an alternative source?
User avatar
51mon
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue 09.11.2004, 00:45
Location: Cheshire

Re: North West Meet

Postby Sy V » Fri 19.11.2004, 17:14

The seals were made by Standard Cooper...who are still making them for Trim Technology Ltd.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Re: North West Meet

Postby Monty » Fri 19.11.2004, 17:23

Simon,<br><br>U`ll find us lot at stoneleigh just look for the plebs wearing the LEC gear lol!  ;D<br>U`ve got the same SE as me, and mine needs work too  :'(. Hopefully things will come good next year.<br>Will_B had a header seal for sale, but stef might of got in there. I got mine from SJ sportcars about £145  :-/<br>Hope u can get to the Norlog meet.
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Re: North West Meet

Postby Bobfrance » Sun 28.11.2004, 21:13

Hi Folks,<br><br>I'm newbie to these hallowed boards.<br>I'm looking into buying an Elan (see thread http://www.lotuselancentral.com/cgi-bin ... 1101665623)<br><br>I was wondering if it would be okay if I was to come along to the NORLOG meet in Milnrow to pick your brains and meet like minded people?<br>I live in Littleborough so it's literally 5 minutes from my house.<br><br>I can bring either my Jag or my TVR so I'll be keeping it British - if not Lotus! ;)
Bobfrance
Newbie
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun 28.11.2004, 18:17

Re: North West Meet

Postby TC » Sun 28.11.2004, 22:32

The Norlog meets start at 12:30. <br><br>I have been up in Manchester this weekend and don't think I can make it to the Ladybarn next Sunday. <br><br>My next trip north will be 17th December I will be free if anyone fancies a get together that weekend.<br><br>Tony
'91 Elan SE Silver
'91 Elan SE Blue
'99 Esprit V8 SE
TC
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed 15.10.2003, 21:57
Location: Marple Bridge

Re: North West Meet

Postby Monty » Sun 28.11.2004, 22:57

Bob i replyed to u`r other post LOL, Come to the meet mate, hopefully MKT29 (mark) and New2u (craig) will turn up. But i won`t be in the Lotus (of road, having wishbones replaced). Cause Dico is taking his misses i`ll be going with my Bitch  ;D<br><br>Tony, shame u can`t make it, i don`t know about meeting up on the 17th as hopefully i`m well stuck in to Pinky lol Now that sounds naughty  :P
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Re: North West Meet

Postby Bobfrance » Sun 28.11.2004, 23:39

Cheers for the warm welcome guys!<br><br>If someone could post up the time of the meet I'd be grateful.<br><br>I'm really looking forward to having a closer look at some Elans. <br><br>And if I'm really lucky (or cheeky), being taken for a spin in one. :D<br><br>See you all next week!<br>
Bobfrance
Newbie
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun 28.11.2004, 18:17

Re: North West Meet

Postby Monty » Mon 29.11.2004, 01:52

The Norlog meets start at 12:30.
 ;D<br><br> ::)<br><br>I`m sure dico will take u for a spin, he likes to show of his BBR  8) Just to let u know this is our 1st NORLOG meet so don`t know how many go or how friendly they are  ::)  ;D<br><br>See u there,<br><br>Just look out for the Badge with the cat on  :)<br><br>
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Re: North West Meet

Postby mark29 » Mon 29.11.2004, 18:03

[quote author=Bobster link=board=ukevent;num=1097100139;start=60#62 date=11/28/04 at 14:39:27]<br><br>And if I'm really lucky (or cheeky), being taken for a spin in one. :D<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>bobster, not a problem, mine's stock so probably not as quick as dico's, but the elanscan says it's hitting 0.73 bar, which is nice..... [smiley=burnout.gif]<br><br><br>
1992 silk red se turbo...
User avatar
mark29
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri 13.08.2004, 16:44
Location: cheshire, england

Re: North West Meet

Postby Bobfrance » Mon 29.11.2004, 20:07

Cheers for all the kind offers guys! :)<br><br>I'm now really looking forward to Sunday.<br>Just keeping my fingers crossed for good weather.<br><br>Of course if anyone want to have a ride in a Jag or a TVR I'll gladly reciprocate. ;)
Bobfrance
Newbie
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun 28.11.2004, 18:17

Re: North West Meet

Postby Bobfrance » Sat 04.12.2004, 13:56

Hi Dico.<br><br>Where abouts on the outskirts?<br><br>Not Moss Side is it?  ;)<br><br>You've got me wondering with all that security.   ;D
Bobfrance
Newbie
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun 28.11.2004, 18:17

PreviousNext

Return to Events - U.K.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Apple [Bot] and 2 guests

cron