Silverstone Classic

Post and Discuss UK-related one-off events here.

Moderators: theelanman, nitroman, Specky, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, GeoffSmith, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Silverstone Classic

Postby DavidEJM » Sun 21.05.2017, 10:27

It's coming up to that time again!

If anyone would like/needs a ticket to this years Silverstone Classic I will have a spare again as I've bought 2x 2for1 and only need three.

I've forgotten the price I paid but I think it is around £50 for the weekend ticket BARGAIN!
Oooooh shiney!
DavidEJM
Fanatic

Re: Silverstone Classic

Postby Stef » Mon 12.06.2017, 11:26

As many previous years, I hope to attend this event. If weather good I'll be in the bubble, camping at Litchlake.

Just need to sure up diary as lots of things on the go currently.

Hopefully a small LEC crowd shall make it again!

Will update on ticket needs, understanding I may be too late.
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador

Postby DavidEJM » Fri 30.06.2017, 10:12

Well it looks like i have a taker for the spare ticket i have at the moment. There is, however, some potential for one of our group to drop out at the last minute so i will keep you posted.
Oooooh shiney!
DavidEJM
Fanatic

Postby Steve A » Thu 06.07.2017, 22:27

:poke: you have PM
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Postby Steve A » Thu 20.07.2017, 22:23

:D I'm going on Saturday and looking forward to it :burnout: :burnout:
Steve A
God

Postby Rambo » Fri 21.07.2017, 07:33

Don't forget to call into LEC HQ at Bitchlake :wink:
Rambo
Goldfish-brain

Postby muley » Mon 24.07.2017, 15:20

From my other car club..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silverstone-c ... 2675516574

Usual disclaimers

Jim

(the camping is NOT where I'll be setting up LEC HQ)
"You can take the man out of the Elan, but you can't take the Elan out of the man"
1995 Palacio S2 no 507
"LEC turbo nutter" ;)Black MX-5 NC Red Honda Integra S
muley

Postby Stef » Thu 27.07.2017, 16:25

YES!!!

Very last min but I'm GOING!!!! Aim to camp up on Friday evening at Litchlake, otherwise shall camp up on Saturday.

Shall look out for other Elan and look forward to seeing some of you.

Sadly won't be taking my bubble car so hope to be in Elan depending on how she is feeling, having a bad battery moment.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Stef

Postby Steve A » Fri 28.07.2017, 13:47

:roll: Don't forget your brollies
Steve A
God

Postby Steve A » Sun 30.07.2017, 13:42

:D We had a great day at the Silverstone Classic yesterday , my overall verdict of the event was Brilliant !!!

Here's a few thing's that caught my attention:

This is at the international pits where you could just stroll in and out of the garages and get up close to the cars mechanic's and celebrities,
Talking of celebrities much to my amazement I did bump into Jim and Rambo for a brief chat, it was great to see some faces from the forum.

One of the highlights for me was to see and hear this go round the track 8)

The group C class race was another highlight

Those lights look familiar :wink:

There was so many different car clubs represented

A road going barn find

Steve A
God

Postby Rambo » Mon 31.07.2017, 09:43

Steve A wrote:Talking of celebrities much to my amazement I did bump into Jim and Rambo for a brief chat, it was great to see some faces from the forum

Maybe we should be in the "spotted" thread :-D

Good to see you again Steve - it's been a long time since we last saw each other at Donington. Although I must admit that, when I felt that tap on the shoulder as we crossed the international pits area, I initially thought you were a martial about to give us a bollocking for being in a restricted area :x

Glad you enjoyed the show. Jim and I have been going to the 3 day event for the last 8-9 consecutive years and have been banging on about how Silverstone Classics is the "best bang for buck" in the country. A pity that more LEC'rs don't get out of bed for it but their loss, our gain :wink:
Rambo
Goldfish-brain

Postby MPx » Mon 31.07.2017, 16:55

I had a great time on Sunday. Got there before 9 after a very early start and got around most of it to see some great cars/clubs, and a bit of racing. The classic offers the best pit experience in my ....er....experience - completely unfettered access to all areas and noone gets sniffy at all.

I had hoped to see a guy I know there with his XJ220. Sadly his car wasn't there on Sunday so I assume he was just up for the Saturday parade. I wonder... Steve did you get any more shots of the XJ220s on Saturday? Particularly a Burgundy coloured one with reg TWR 97? This was originally Tom Wilkinshaw's personal road car and looked absolutely mint when I last saw it in March.

Not many M100s there...and mine was one of the very few G Esprits. Nice to see at least three lotus groupings in the various fields but even added together they were outnumbered by that amazing collection of over 100 Mclarens on Sunday. They did look fantastic to me, but if I'd just spent £150k -£1500k on an "exclusive" car I might be a bit miffed to see a whole field's worth of them at one event.
Mike - MPx
95 M100 Elan S2 (423)
86 Turbo Esprit
but no longer Carlton no 808 nor Sunbeam S1 :(
MPx
Fanatic

Postby Steve A » Mon 31.07.2017, 17:41

:( Sorry MPx that's all the shots I have of the XJ220's

A pity that more LEC'rs don't get out of bed for it but their loss, our gain :wink:

There were certainly plenty of M100's around, it's a shame they weren't all together under the LEC banner,
to get my car in I would have to join one of the three clubs that were on the inside.

I might be camping next year but my wife won't want to go to your campsite if there's a better one available :smt079 :lol:
Steve A
God

Postby Kathryn » Mon 31.07.2017, 19:42

How many XJ220s is that? One of my brother's old favourites. Does look like a good show, maybe next year.
Palacio S2 #540
Kathryn
Fanatic

Postby Rambo » Mon 31.07.2017, 21:19

MPx wrote: amazing collection of over 100 Mclarens on Sunday

128 to be precise ;-)
Rambo
Goldfish-brain

Postby MPx » Mon 31.07.2017, 23:53

Kathryn wrote:How many XJ220s is that?

I know that Don Law was expecting to get at least 25 and I think they must have beaten that. Their big day was the Saturday when they got to parade on the circuit....but still on Sunday there was one on the Jaguar club banking; another on one of the trade stands, about 8 or 9 racing versions in the pit garages and another 15 ish road cars on the pit apron opposite their very own hospitality tent - which also housed another one. I expect there were even more on Saturday....
Mike - MPx
95 M100 Elan S2 (423)
86 Turbo Esprit
but no longer Carlton no 808 nor Sunbeam S1 :(
MPx
Fanatic

Postby Rambo » Tue 01.08.2017, 20:58

MPx wrote: Nice to see at least three lotus groupings in the various fields but even added together they were outnumbered by that amazing collection of over 100 Mclarens on Sunday. They did look fantastic to me, but if I'd just spent £150k -£1500k on an "exclusive" car I might be a bit miffed to see a whole field's worth of them at one event.

Mike - That's why it was nice there weren't many M100's around as they stood out ;-) The guy in the yellow Mclaren which originally parked next to me was so embarassed that he removed his car and went to park with the rest of his mob

I have to say that the McLaren tent was pretty impressive compared to the poxy Club Lotus one :shock: I think CL need to up the ante and come into the 21st century rather than languishing in the 20th C. Even a free cup of coffee and/or a burger would be good. And, as for the organisation re. the parking, it was shambolic and non existent :?
Rambo
Goldfish-brain

Postby Stef » Tue 01.08.2017, 21:16

Yet again an amazing event that I'm still grinning crazy over!

Counted 35 XK220's lined up.

Great to see Rambo & Jim. Thanks again for looking after my sozzled alter-ego ;) Still deny the Pimms...

No Can-Ams this year but the classic F1 line-up was incredible, and racing a highlight too!

Agree, and this is another 'again' that LEC need to have a bigger meet there! :poke:
Stef

Postby Rambo » Tue 01.08.2017, 22:23

It was the 2 cans, half a bottle of red wine, 3 pints of lager and the bowser of Pimm's that did it Stef :drunk:

HTF you didn't bring it all up on the Jaguar drifting circuit beats me :smt078

Incidentally, the bowser of Pimm's was on the Honda 2000 stand. There were many glum faces on that stand on Sunday when they realised the bowser was nearly empty :lol: LEC strikes again :twisted:
Rambo
Goldfish-brain

Postby Stef » Wed 02.08.2017, 08:17

Rambo wrote:It was the 2 cans, half a bottle of red wine, 3 pints of lager and the bowser of Pimm's that did it Stef :drunk:

HTF you didn't bring it all up on the Jaguar drifting circuit beats me :smt078

Incidentally, the bowser of Pimm's was on the Honda 2000 stand. There were many glum faces on that stand on Sunday when they realised the bowser was nearly empty :lol: LEC strikes again :twisted:

The Jag experience was tame really, and after a 40 min wait. Obviously I didn't admit to being 'under influence etc' as per the disclaimer, not that I was asked!

Wish I'd seen the glum S2000 faces :lol:
Stef

Next

Return to Events - U.K.