Serpentine Charity Run - Peak District

Post and Discuss UK-related one-off events here.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, GeoffSmith

Serpentine Charity Run - Peak District

Postby theelanman » Fri 15.02.2019, 13:19

The 14th Annual

Serpentine Charity Run

Presented by the

Cheshire Lotus Owners Group and The Lotus Drivers Club

Sunday the 30th June 2019
Open to all types of classic cars, sports cars and classic motorbikes the event will start from 9:30am from the historic Devonshire Dome (Devonshire Road, Buxton, Derbyshire. SK17 6RY) and involve a route though the Peak District National Park and some of the UK’s most beautiful scenery.

Entrants will be given their route maps at the registration point and from where they will also be started at regular intervals. The start point allows for the use of the cafeteria and facilities and alongside the refreshments (free tea and coffee) there will be bacon sandwiches available to purchase at a small cost.

The journey will be approximately 100miles and will involve several stops at places of interest as well as stops for refreshments, pub lunch, picnic etc and will culminate in a display of all the cars at the finish line in one of the Peak Districts historic locations (it’s a secret until you get there) around mid-afternoon.

This is not a race and the planned journey time though the Peak District is to be around 4 hours to allow you to enjoy the scenery, stop for lunch or a picnic as well as enjoy your driving experience.

Please feel free to use the attached entry form
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Re: Serpentine Charity Run - Peak District

Postby LRS7 » Mon 15.04.2019, 22:48

theelanman wrote:The 14th Annual

Serpentine Charity Run

Presented by the

Cheshire Lotus Owners Group and The Lotus Drivers Club

Sunday the 30th June 2019
Open to all types of classic cars, sports cars and classic motorbikes the event will start from 9:30am from the historic Devonshire Dome (Devonshire Road, Buxton, Derbyshire. SK17 6RY) and involve a route though the Peak District National Park and some of the UK’s most beautiful scenery.

Entrants will be given their route maps at the registration point and from where they will also be started at regular intervals. The start point allows for the use of the cafeteria and facilities and alongside the refreshments (free tea and coffee) there will be bacon sandwiches available to purchase at a small cost.

The journey will be approximately 100miles and will involve several stops at places of interest as well as stops for refreshments, pub lunch, picnic etc and will culminate in a display of all the cars at the finish line in one of the Peak Districts historic locations (it’s a secret until you get there) around mid-afternoon.

This is not a race and the planned journey time though the Peak District is to be around 4 hours to allow you to enjoy the scenery, stop for lunch or a picnic as well as enjoy your driving experience.

Please feel free to use the attached entry form

Sent off my entry form Today , plus we are bringing 2 GTR,s and a Golf R are you attending also ?
Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Range Rover Evoque
M100 1991 Lotus Elan Se
M100 1994 Lotus Elan S2 #498
LRS7
Enthusiast

Postby theelanman » Tue 16.04.2019, 07:23

Yes.......should be in the Evora......
With the kids....
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Postby LRS7 » Tue 23.04.2019, 10:12

Looks like I’ll be bringing up the rear then in the Elan :lol: I shall have to hope my map reading skills are better than my buddies :wink:

See you in a few weeks at CC
LRS7
Enthusiast

Postby theelanman » Tue 25.06.2019, 11:13

its this Sunday...... and the weathers given it perfect for a drive round the Peak District
theelanman

Postby LRS7 » Tue 25.06.2019, 12:37

I’ve not heard anything back from the organisers at all!! Not heard if it’s on or off or even confirming receipt of my entry .. nothing , just checked my account and they have finally banked my cheque end of last week maybe something will be in this weeks post ?
Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Range Rover Evoque
M100 1991 Lotus Elan Se
M100 1994 Lotus Elan S2 #498
LRS7
Enthusiast

Postby theelanman » Tue 25.06.2019, 13:29

you dont
there is nothing sent out to you...........
you will get your 'map' at the registration point

Devonshire Dome
1 Devonshire Rd,
Buxton
SK17 6RY

:-D
theelanman

Return to Events - U.K.