Taking the proverbial

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Re: Taking the proverbial

Postby Rambo » Tue 14.11.2017, 20:36

clemo wrote:
Rambo wrote:How on earth does that plate read Elaine ?? WTF ??

Hey Clemo, isn't your better half called Elaine ?? :lol: :lol:

Yes .. thats why she has E3LAN on temporary loan ..
Was thinking of getting her this in exchange . What do you reckon ?

Errrr...., no :smt017
Rambo
Têtard

Postby Rambo » Tue 14.11.2017, 20:40

On second thoughts, maybe yes :lol: I always thought E3 LAN was about Elan rather than Elaine lol

What you really need is E14 INE. For a small sum paid into my Swiss bank accoungt I can get you that :lol:
Rambo
Têtard

Postby simonbuk » Tue 14.11.2017, 22:42

Jesus H Christ - are some people deluded ?! I'm not mocking anybody with a disability (I probably have many) but you would have to be dyslexic, pissed and not know how to spell Elan to purchase that.

F*ckin mental.
Simon - Black S2. Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
simonbuk
God

Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, West Sussex sometimes The World !!

Postby Rusty Wishbone » Wed 15.11.2017, 00:46

Seems a bit pricey for a number plate which doesn't spell ELAN or ELAINE or YELLOW.

I quite like a good non-standard number plate - I still use the original number plate from my first car, a Riley 1.5, on the family battlecruiser. There is a lot of bigotry out there about 'personalised' number plates, for reasons I can't fathom.
Rusty Wishbone
Fanatic

Postby lotusflasherman » Thu 23.11.2017, 00:22

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOTUS-ELAN-M100-SERVICE-NOTES-ELECRICAL-SECTIONS-LOTUS-LEAN-BOOK-USED-VGC-/302532741452?hash=item46705b494c

Didn't know my bookshelf was worth so much.. better increase my contents insurance. From the 'ghost holes' alongside the actual holes in the photos I suspect the manuals are photocopies, at least my manuals are Lotus on wipe-clean paper, but who needs paper when they are all available here www.lotusm100.com/manuals/
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Thu 23.11.2017, 00:30

lotusflasherman wrote:Didn't know my bookshelf was worth so much.. better increase my contents insurance.

But don't you want the Lotus LEAN book? ... "LOTUS ELAN M100 SERVICE NOTES + ELECRICAL SECTIONS + LOTUS LEAN BOOK USED VGC"
HD Replacement Shift Cables and Short Shift Kits still available
HD Replacement Shift Cable and Short-Shift Kit prices
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Download Manuals Here
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby lotusflasherman » Thu 23.11.2017, 01:18

Brit-Car-Nut wrote:But don't you want the Lotus LEAN book? ... "LOTUS ELAN M100 SERVICE NOTES + ELECRICAL SECTIONS + LOTUS LEAN BOOK USED VGC"

No, got a couple of copies of the Mark Hughes Lotus Elan book but not really interested in a Lotus Lean book ... is that what you get when you add lightness :lol: ?
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Previous

Return to Elan Parts For Sale (new and used parts either OEM or exact replicas)