What's this then?

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

What's this then?

Postby John_W » Sun 14.05.2017, 13:35

Does anybody know what this piece of foam plastic is? I found it lying loose in the battery compartment (down in the depths of the rear wing by the rear end of the right hand sill) when I was fossicking around in there yesterday. It is a piece of grey foam which has been made in a curve shape, with an oblong hole all the way through. The scale bar shown in the attached pictures is centimetres.

I have checked the parts manual without success. Maybe somebody in the factory just dropped a sanding block when they were rubbing down the paint.

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John_W
Philistine

Re: What's this then?

Postby HJ2 » Sun 14.05.2017, 13:47

If I recall right it is a protection sleeve for the wiring loom to prevent it from rubbing and sliding or making noise.
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
God

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Sun 14.05.2017, 14:11

John:

HJ's correct. You can find all of the odd parts Lotus used with the harness bits in section 17.01A

See Illus # 182...

Those sleeves are used mainly around the hard plastic cable connectors like the door harness to the main harness buried behind the facia.
Electrical-17-01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HD Replacement Shift Cables and Short Shift Kits still available
HD Replacement Shift Cable and Short-Shift Kit prices
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Download Manuals Here
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby John_W » Sun 14.05.2017, 15:04

Impressive knowledge from both of you.

I guess that somebody has dislodged it at some time - maybe when fitting a new battery. I'll have a look next time I'm in the battery compartment to see if I can find its home.

John
John_W
Philistine

Return to Hood/Top, Bodywork and Fittings