HARDTOP MOULDS MISSING / NOT RETURNED.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, Nige

HARDTOP MOULDS MISSING / NOT RETURNED.

Postby clemo » Tue 09.10.2018, 20:08

Right the Lec'ers Does anyone know the whereabouts of the hardtop mould ?

Having spoken to Simon SPC recently he is somewhat miffed that the person who borrowed it 4 years ago has not returned it.

With your greatest detective hats on we are looking for -

A Male IC1 from North Yorkshire area , who repairs church organs .

Simon would like his efforts and hard work to be returned to us at LEC for the good of us lot. But unfortunately at the moment this one off amazing design is all but lost. Which is a great loss to all future potential wanters.

Any ideas people?

(or if you are the person who has had it on long term " borrowed" can you PM me to save a bit of embarrassment from Simon and let me know where i can collect it from)

Thank you .

Clemo
Jim Clark S2 - 1/13. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Re: HARDTOP MOULDS MISSING / NOT RETURNED.

Postby dapinky » Tue 09.10.2018, 20:27

Trying to dust off my old dearstalker and pipe (now replaced with slippers and fag packet).....

..... I put 'church organ repairs yorkshire' into google hoping to find one........ you'd never guess just how many bloody places there are in Yorkshire that do this work (and that is the businesses - maybe the borrower is a hobbyist???).... and none of the names I saw in my cursory glance reminded me of a LEC member :?
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Nige » Tue 09.10.2018, 22:50

If who ever borrowed the hardtop moulds is still active here please get in touch. We would like the moulds for the good of LEC and with them we have options, without them we don't. Happy to deal via PM as I'm sure are Clemo and Dave.

Also, if any one has a flash of inspiration and thinks 'I know who that might be' please let us know.
Back in Blighty
Nige
LEC Administrator

Postby Giniw » Tue 09.10.2018, 22:59

Hasn't that subject already surfaced a couple of months ago — maybe a bit more?
I am not sure at all though, it may be a similar event, or maybe it was already referring to the hardtop moulds but we had no answer either ...

EDIT: just found that thread, it might help but I don't know how it ended:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=23848&p=300735#p300735
Giniw
God

Postby sideways » Wed 10.10.2018, 01:18

dapinky wrote:Trying to dust off my old dearstalker and pipe (now replaced with slippers and fag packet).....

..... I put 'church organ repairs yorkshire' into google hoping to find one........ you'd never guess just how many bloody places there are in Yorkshire that do this work (and that is the businesses - maybe the borrower is a hobbyist???).... and none of the names I saw in my cursory glance reminded me of a LEC member :?

Not surprised at all, I spent some time in Yorkshire (RAF Catterick) courtesy of Her Majesty and I suggest that there are many in Yorkshire who enjoy organs.

At least they did when I was there.

Must wave to my unacknowledged grandchildren at this point...
sideways at speed
Delta BC Canada
sideways
Tinkerer

Postby Rambo » Wed 10.10.2018, 03:04

clemo wrote:Right the Lec'ers Does anyone know the whereabouts of the hardtop mould ?

Having spoken to Simon SPC recently he is somewhat miffed that the person who borrowed it 4 years ago has not returned it.

With your greatest detective hats on we are looking for -

A Male IC1 from North Yorkshire area , who repairs church organs .

Simon would like his efforts and hard work to be returned to us at LEC for the good of us lot. But unfortunately at the moment this one off amazing design is all but lost. Which is a great loss to all future potential wanters.

Any ideas people?

(or if you are the person who has had it on long term " borrowed" can you PM me to save a bit of embarrassment from Simon and let me know where i can collect it from)

Thank you .

Clemo

How about searching through the list of members. An onerous task I know, but by going into PM's, "new PM's", "find a member" and searching by "location in descending order" you come up with 2 members on page 1 who have "Yorkshire" in their profile ie ENZO and Mattdon, neither of whom might have the hardtop mould or repair church organs.

Further down page1 you come up with rileydude and tezza from south yorks

Page 2 and 3 come up with nothing but page 4 comes up with 7 members -

Of course this has only filtered out LEC members with York or Yorkshire in their profiles and doesn't account for towns, places or areas in Yorkshire ie RayD has South Yorkshire in his profile. And no, he isn't the hardtop mould/church organ suspect either. But he might remember if someone in the north of the county "borrowed" Simon's mould.

And Danny R comes from West Yorkshire but appears to be interested in guitars rather than church organs

Neither does this approach account for any LEC members who have no location in their profile. And there are 66 out of 99 pages of these !!

But you get my drift ? It is a start, albeit flawed. And a project worthy of, let's say, someone recently retired from the police force with good detective skills and a lot of time on his hands :poke:

PS Clemo - in case you're wondering... I was suffering from insomnia so got up at 0300, made a cup of tea, logged on to LEC with the hope of getting bored and falling back to sleep quickly. But this subject has started the brain cells in motion and now sleep is totally impossible :?
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Giniw » Wed 10.10.2018, 15:43

Giniw wrote:Hasn't that subject already surfaced a couple of months ago — maybe a bit more?
I am not sure at all though, it may be a similar event, or maybe it was already referring to the hardtop moulds but we had no answer either ...

EDIT: just found that thread, it might help but I don't know how it ended:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=23848&p=300735#p300735

https://forum.lotuselancentral.com/view ... 48#p338544
https://forum.lotuselancentral.com/view ... 35#p300934
So, Jeemy indeed?
No :
https://forum.lotuselancentral.com/view ... 40#p339097

It's a guy called Andy apparently :-)
https://forum.lotuselancentral.com/view ... 20#p338579
Giniw
God

Postby John_W » Wed 10.10.2018, 16:24

If it is the same Andy who has the roll bar jig, I’ll be seeing him next week. However, as Clemo has been in conversation with him, I doubt it. No harm in asking him, though.
John
John_W
Heid-bummer

Postby Giniw » Wed 10.10.2018, 16:27

Apparently it's the same guy indeed:
Rusty Wishbone wrote:The guy with the hardtop moulds and jigs for the hoops is called Andy. I spoke to him a few times about 4 years ago. So long as he hasn't moved, I'm happy to put someone here in touch with him.
Giniw
God

Postby Rambo » Wed 10.10.2018, 17:28

John_W wrote:If it is the same Andy who has the roll bar jig, I’ll be seeing him next week. However, as Clemo has been in conversation with him, I doubt it. No harm in asking him, though.
John

Sounds like it might be the Andy on Skye then John ?

I met him at a car show last year and remembered he had plans for the roll bars and/or hardtop so maybe the "North Yorkshire" clue was a bit of a red herring ?
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Nige » Wed 10.10.2018, 21:22

Certainly worth asking him, elimination is a result of sorts if he doesn't have them. I had seen that post but given the ongoing discussion with him re the roll hoop jigs I would have expected the hardtop question to have been resolved.
Back in Blighty
Nige
LEC Administrator

Postby clemo » Wed 10.10.2018, 21:30

Thank you all for your detective work so far ( any time of the day or night!)

Andy and Simon are best mates and made all of the Elan bits together. So the Elan hardtop , hoops and deck were co owned by them both.
Andy has the jig for the Hoops but that is all .

I am in contact with both Andy and Simon. Simon held the Hardtop moulds and lent them to someone who was going to get someone to have a look at them .So with that in mind and the thread that Giniw found " Jeemy " looks like a lead. i will print of the pages and pop it in front of his nose when i see him . The full email conversation sits on his now defunct server. Something that we may be able to access with a bit of know how.

Now for some more digging .....
Jim Clark S2 - 1/13. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby dapinky » Wed 10.10.2018, 21:34

clemo wrote:....... The full email conversation sits on his now defunct server. Something that we may be able to access with a bit of know how .....

You and a broken server..... no doubt that'll get fixed then :lol: :lol:
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Giniw » Thu 11.10.2018, 00:05

(What is broken on that server? As long as it's not the hard drive it should be very simple — as long as he as a physical access to it obviously ^^)
Giniw
God

Postby elaverick » Thu 11.10.2018, 08:24

Apologies if I'm teaching anyone to suck eggs, but if you need any help recovering anything from old servers, please just ask. I had my own IT consultancy for 10 years and co-authored a number of the Pro level exams Microsoft use to certify people worldwide, so I'm reasonably handy at such things (I also speak *Nix should you be dabbling in the dark arts).
elaverick
Tinkerer

Return to Hood/Top, Bodywork and Fittings