The "Fabricate your own Hood seals" thread!.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, GeoffSmith, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Nige, Enright, nitroman, algirdas, Sy V, Specky, clemo

Re: The "Fabricate your own Hood seals" thread!.

Postby Siverm100seturbo » Mon 25.11.2019, 16:33

Hi Jamie...
I have just purchased a Silver M100 SE turbo from a dealer in Glasgow.. The car has covered almost 113000 miles ..
The dealer gave me a lady's telephone number in Scotland who have just spoken to.. She gave me your elan central details and told me to contact you through this forum

I understand that you have worked quite often on the car, so would be very interested in talking to you if possible please.about the cars previous history. . Very little service history came with the car, but was informed that the cambelt and tensioner had been changed in July this year. I was also told new modified hood seals were fitted recently...
I am based in South Wales near Port Talbot and have driven Lotus for 37 years now, owning 5 Esprits, Sunbeam lotus, Elan and Europas in that period.. Hope you don't mind me getting in touch.. Cheers and thanks.. Leighton...
Siverm100seturbo

Postby par » Mon 25.11.2019, 23:50

This for sale thread should give you a good bit of history of the car, pity you didnt buy direct from Jamie as I am sure it would have been a far more pleasant experience and better deal:-

Silver Elan

p.s. Welcome to the forum lots of great information and help on here :)
par
Fanatic

Postby Siverm100seturbo » Tue 26.11.2019, 08:22

Thank you for the link ....most interesting, and i was aware of the cat D issue - it doesnt worry me at all .

Great info on brakes , cambelt and hood seals ..i need to take a closer look at the rear brake mod .

I have just changed oil , filter , air filter , plugs and renewed coolant/ antifreeze .. no need to worry about cambelt now :)

If you could please contact me Jamie , i would love to chat to you regarding this Elan

Regards
Leighton
Siverm100seturbo

Postby dapinky » Tue 26.11.2019, 11:13

Leighton,

Welcome to LEC. :D

It seems that over the last 6-12 months, more Elans are finding their way into this bit of Wales.... there have long been a few further East (Barry/Ponty/Newport areas), but now they're venturing West.

LDC have a 3-day Driving Weekend around Pembrokeshire, which I have tagged onto in the past, and there are regular Classic Car drives & meetings all over the place (as you probably know if you've had Lotus before).
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Siverm100seturbo » Tue 26.11.2019, 19:21

Dapinky..

Yes i've seen the LDC group gathering in Saundersfoot a few years ago, my good mate with an exige is a member and goes away quite often with them.. I'm still a member of CL (37 YRS NOW)...
Siverm100seturbo

Previous

Return to Hood/Top, Bodywork and Fittings