MBV, Everest Chip, Both? What have I got?

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Re: MBV, Everest Chip, Both? What have I got?

Postby Dom » Wed 04.10.2017, 14:25

The plug chaser worked and the 02 sensor is niw seated niceky. Thanks for the tip!
Dom
Enthusiast

Postby Steve A » Wed 01.11.2017, 22:12

Dom wrote:The sensor finally arrived today and is now fitted, together with the correct chip from Alan. I got stung £15 by Royal Mail and it took longer to get 10 miles from Heathrow to my home than it did to get from America.
That's strange I didn't get stung :? I'm almost disappointed :-D
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Postby Steve A » Sat 04.11.2017, 18:35

:? OK now I've started looking at this and have removed my chip ready to send it back to be modified, so it's full steam ahead.
Looking at the wiki instructions I have removed the half moon cover and wheel arch liner and yes I need to add the two wires necessary to make the sensor work.
Questions for those that have done it (please):
1. I'm assuming the best method of splicing the wires is soldering them ? (that's going to be fun at the ECU lots of access).
2. The wire D7 from the ECU, would that be a grey wire ? (just checking).
3. I've not found where the wiring comes through the bulk head into the drivers foot well, can it be seen from the half moon ?
( I'm doing this in the garage and I can only open the drivers door, just enough to get in :roll:)
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Postby Dom » Sat 04.11.2017, 23:05

Steve, I was very lucky that all the wiring was there on my SE and it literally was plug and play, once I had installed the revised chip. Getting the bung out for the O2 sensor takes patience. I used a 50/50 mix of nail polish remover (acetone) and ATF to soak the area and a breaker bar to help 4emove the bung. I found a thread chaser was necessary to clean the thread to accept the O2 sensor fully. Overall, the job was an easy one and I am definitely seeing improved economy. Sorry I can’t help with your wiring queries, but I’d still say it’s a job worth doing. Make sure you use the correct socket to fit the O2 sensor, as it could get damaged if you’re not careful.
Dom
Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Turbos, Boost, and Intakes