Boost Gauge Off Scale.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, GeoffSmith, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Nige, Enright, nitroman, algirdas, Sy V, Specky, clemo

Re: Boost Gauge Off Scale.

Postby GeoffSmith » Fri 17.08.2018, 21:31

Mine's an S2 and it hasn't got a rubber cover - added lightness you know.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £55 incl. P&P.
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby Rose Royce » Wed 31.07.2019, 00:24

:agree:
lotusflasherman wrote:Just driven home with my Boost Gauge showing around 0.4 bar boost on light throttle & low revs and then went off the scale when I stopped on my drive. 'Engine off & ignition on' gave me this
offscale.JPG

I was a bit worried about it damaging the gauge so thought I'd pull off the supply from the Boost Pressure Transducer but it obviously works in the other direction as it stayed the same. Then I noticed the bottom screw was loose allowing a 'floating earth' and a few turns to tighten it up and every hunky-dory again. Offending screw shown in this one..
bpt.JPG

Just thought I'd share...

My gauge started to be eratic, but the turbo appeared to be working normally. The forum was my first thought, and sure enough...a loose ground screw. It was that simple, once you have the benefit of the combined experiences of members. :cheers:
Rose Royce
Tinkerer

Postby lotusflasherman » Wed 31.07.2019, 12:51

Rose Royce wrote: My gauge started to be eratic, but the turbo appeared to be working normally. The forum was my first thought, and sure enough...a loose ground screw. It was that simple, once you have the benefit of the combined experiences of members. :cheers:

Posted that 4 years ago. So pleased owners are still finding it helpful.. makes taking a few minutes to share info so worthwhile. That's why LEC's orderly structure is so much better than Faceache and other chit-chat sites.
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Collapso SE, Elan+S.... and now an Evora
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby Giniw » Wed 31.07.2019, 14:02

:agree:
Giniw
God

Postby NewLogik » Mon 12.08.2019, 19:49

Giniw wrote::agree:
X2
NewLogik
Tinkerer

Previous