Reconnecting the boost gauge sender

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, clemo, nitroman, Specky, GeoffSmith, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, DaveT

Reconnecting the boost gauge sender

Postby robertverhey » Wed 28.08.2019, 01:35

Hi for some reason the PO has disconnected the boost gauge sender on the inner drivers wing, there were no wires poking through the grommet at all. Gauge was always reading max. I have removed the wheel arch liner and there are two unconnected spade terminals (one white one black), two fine gauge wires (one black, one black with yellow trace) and a multi pin connector as per photo. Can someone pls advise which ones I should run through the grommet to the sender? I’m guessing the fine black/black-yellow ones but just thought i’d Check. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
robertverhey

Re: Reconnecting the boost gauge sender

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Wed 28.08.2019, 02:39

Here is the wiring diagram:
Boost Circuit.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shift Cable Prices
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Download Manuals Here
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby robertverhey » Wed 28.08.2019, 02:56

Thanks for that, hmm I assume LGW means light green with a white trace, alas nothing that looks like that in the vicinity under the wheel arch....Might have to trace it from the other direction (gauge). Any other clues before I go behind the dash?
robertverhey

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Wed 28.08.2019, 03:05

You can grab all of the manuals in PDF format if you click on the link in my signature.

The Electrical Manual also describes the circuit concept, so that might help too.

I am happy to take a look at my car in the morning and make some notes and take some pictures, but it is a bit late for tonight (I'm in the US, East Coast).

I am not sure why you are looking under the wheel arch since I am pretty sure my sensor wires come from a different direction.

JC
Shift Cable Prices
Download Manuals Here
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby robertverhey » Wed 28.08.2019, 04:31

All the pics I’ve seen (including this one I borrowed from someone’s Post) show the feed wire (which I now know should be green/white) coming through that grommet, which means it should be somewhere in the wheel arch? But no sign of it in my jalopy. A mystery....
robertverhey

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Wed 28.08.2019, 22:42

Sorry for the delay, but getting to the open car was more difficult than i remembered.

The two wires come directly out of the main harness under the wing. They just "TEE" off. The very narrow branch comes out around one third the way from the firewall and the beginning of the other wires you have already discovered. Near where I put the red circle.

Front Wiring.jpg
Shift Cable Prices
Download Manuals Here
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby robertverhey » Wed 28.08.2019, 22:57

Thanks that's very helpful and will assist with my search.
robertverhey

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Fri 30.08.2019, 01:15

Here are a couple of photos showing the harness and the feed to the boost sender:

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG
Shift Cable Prices
Download Manuals Here
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby robertverhey » Fri 30.08.2019, 05:39

Brilliant, just what I needed. Thanks, Robert
robertverhey

Return to Turbos, Boost, and Intakes