Turbo Fault Finding Guide & AET Turbos

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, nitroman, Specky, clemo, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Turbo Fault Finding Guide & AET Turbos

Postby lotusflasherman » Fri 17.03.2017, 12:16

Briefly - engine is out of my Subaru and in bits due to hairline crack in oil pickup pipe. :cry: It's Mitsubishi Turbo turbine shaft bit wobbly too, couldn't find a core, and with an engine still to rebuild, decided to contract it out. Difficulty finding people to do rebuilds on that turbo but these guys could & came out best on price ..aet-turbos.co.uk. Spoke on the phone and within 2 hours their courier was on my doorstep to collect it. Next day got a phone call to give me some choices between 'economy' and 'perfection' - "stripped it now and be better if we also replaced .." stuff, and 2 days later courier was back with turbo looking like new for £365 with a load of information sheets. (That price included carriage to & from my door for £19.50 plus VAT). Excellent service, my only gripe is they talk in Net prices so need to add 20% VAT in your head all the time.

Have since asked if they can do Elan IHI's and what price and got "No problem, £200 to £300 depending on how bad it is". (Remember to add the VAT.. :lol: ) Think I've seen somebody here had a £750 rebuild so AET pricing looks good, and I got permission to publish their Fault Finding Charts, Guide, etc here for the benefit of owners .... so here it is. Might be useful - "Oil Leak from Compressor Seal - Cause: Clogged air filter element"... not one I'd have thought of.

turbo fault finding guide.pdf
turbo fault finding flowchart.pdf
Turbo Installation Instructions.pdf
Turbo oil priming.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lotusflasherman on Sat 12.05.2018, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Collapso SE, Elan+S.... and now an Evora
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Re: Turbo Fault Finding Guide & AET Turbos

Postby HJ2 » Fri 17.03.2017, 13:21

Top info!
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
God

Postby Giniw » Fri 17.03.2017, 13:32

Downloaded! Thanks! :)
Giniw
God

Postby Rambo » Fri 17.03.2017, 14:10

That sounds an excellent service and price. It's always good to find a reputable company that go "the extra mile"
Rambo
Don't push me

Return to Turbos, Boost, and Intakes