Windscreen Top Corner Finishers

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Windscreen Top Corner Finishers

Postby Mike Y » Fri 19.08.2016, 13:41

Does anyone know of an alternative supply of windscreen top corner finishers as they have been obsolete for so long.

Or does anyone have a couple they wish to sell?

Regards Mike
1992 SE Elan Black (Concours Restoration Ex Jamie Jimbob), Red Lotus elan SE Red (Project 2), Lotus Esprit S3 Red, Lotus Esprit S3 White.
Mike Y
Fanatic

Re: Windscreen Top Corner Finishers

Postby chrisP » Mon 22.08.2016, 13:09

I was looking to vacuum form some ages ago and my friend has one to 3D model for a mould - which reminds me I should really chase him!! in the meantime you could seal the corners with a polyurethane sealant.

Chris
chrisP
Fanatic

Postby 1kenobitoby » Sun 09.10.2016, 23:54

Gents,
Reproductions of these are now available for US$7 each plus P&P from Shapeways (http://shpws.me/MMJC).
There's an accompanying YouTube video showing them on the car at: https://youtu.be/KXFY-cT7HfE.
1kenobitoby
3DprintGuru

Postby Dom » Sat 15.07.2017, 13:23

I recently ordered the Shapeway items. They were made quickly and are on their way to me. The company was excellent to deal with and I look forward to fitting the parts as a way of finishing off my a pillar / windscreen area, having just fitted Jamie's excellent all in one a pillar/header seal and hood front seal. I'm hoping for neat and tidy and no leaks!
Dom
Enthusiast

Return to Doors and Windows