Drivers door locking and staying locked.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, GeoffSmith

Drivers door locking and staying locked.

Postby alexherb » Sun 28.06.2020, 20:18

Evening,

Sorry if this topic has been covered already. I am new to this kind of forum.

I have nearly finished a restoration on an M100 Normally aspirated version. Been a pleasure tinkering with it and now lovely to drive it around whilst finishing the last few bits which need doing. I have hit a stumbling block which I cannot for the life of me resolve.

The central locking seems to work (as in it makes the correct noises!) but each time I lock the drivers door it stays locked and i need to do a Dukes of Hazzard to get out! The passenger door works fine. I cannot recall tinkering with the lock, but late one evening i may have....the mind fades! I have replaced both door waste seals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xps5s0sbm3w and will be refitting windows properly (windows are in but one window needs a runner block) and re-fitting doors cards etc once the lock issue is resolved.

Does anyone have an idea what may be wrong with the central locking? I am normally quick good with auto electrics but this has well and truly stumped me...

Many thanks

Alex
alexherb

Re: Drivers door locking and staying locked.

Postby Rambo » Sun 28.06.2020, 20:32

Hello Alex - my 1st thoughts are the door microswitch. My 2nd thoughts ard ghat it might be connected to the alarm/immobiliser

Have you had a look at the electrical diagrams ? I believe you can download these via Britcarnut's (LEC member John) hosting facility
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby GeoffSmith » Sun 28.06.2020, 22:12

Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby alexherb » Sun 28.06.2020, 22:44

Thank you Geoff and Rambo. Really helpful.

I did wonder if this was a door ajar switch issue or if i had done something stupid when taking the glass out.

Geoff that schematic is so useful. Thank you.

No i just need a nice hot day and peace and quiet to sit down and work it all out...and also need to figure out how to get the door open again!
alexherb

Postby GeoffSmith » Mon 29.06.2020, 09:26

No problem Alex. There is a lot of technical information captured on the WikiLEC.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Return to Doors and Windows