central locking

Moderators: theelanman, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, DaveT, Specky, Elanlover, GeoffSmith

central locking

Postby rob/d » Sun 19.04.2015, 07:56

Always been a bit hit and miss but now broken central locking actuator on drivers side .
All took apart and carefully smashed open the plastic gearbox on the mechanism to reveal a broken cog inside .
Panicked a bit because A ,it looks expensive and B , where would i get one from ?
Ten minutes on the web and it is a cheap readily available part .
Question .
Do i order this from U.S. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Power-Door-Lo ... 56562de4bf ?
Is there a G.B option similar price ?
Thanks .

Pictures to follow .
rob/d
Tinkerer

Re: central locking

Postby lotusflasherman » Sun 19.04.2015, 10:11

How about this one? Same as first part No. quoted on the US one....

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-GM-3635351-91-10-Chevy-Cadillac-Buick-Olds-Pontiac-RH-Door-Lock-Actuator-/271645537268

Good luck

Phil
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby Fredjohn » Sun 19.04.2015, 10:30

Just a thought: check the electrics. The eBay one is a 2 pin connection, yours may be 5 for the remote locking.
I haven't looked at wiring diagram so may well be way off beam.
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
MB CLK 320CDi 2007
Boardman Team Carbon road bike
Evora 2010
VW T4 Campervan
Fredjohn
God

Postby rob/d » Sun 19.04.2015, 10:55

Yep , that's the one phil . A bit pricey but , yeah i will bid on it in the week if i don't get anywhere .
All wiring is good fredjohn and mine is a 4 pin , 2pin job !
thanks guys . :D
rob/d
Tinkerer

Postby lotusflasherman » Sun 19.04.2015, 11:15

Fredjohn wrote:Just a thought: check the electrics. The eBay one is a 2 pin connection, yours may be 5 for the remote locking.
I haven't looked at wiring diagram so may well be way off beam.

Good call but off beam methinks... Section MJ Page 24 shows sketch of 2 way housing for CDL motor and Wiring Diag sheet 20 shows 2 wire connectors for both SE & S2 but that's all theory... in practice having the defective one in front of you is best guide to how many wires it has.

I'm finding the Wiring Diags are just a guide as I'm fitting a new radio, ahem, :banghead: trying to fit a new radio with Nokia hands free car kit (that's the tricky bit) and finding my wiring in very late SE is part SE & part S2 on some of the plug connected bits of loom - probably bits in the GM parts bin had changed in. Decided time spent doing a red-line drawing might save me time in the future..

Phil
Phil

Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
lotusflasherman
God

Postby lotusflasherman » Sun 19.04.2015, 11:21

rob/d wrote:Yep , that's the one phil . A bit pricey but , yeah i will bid on it in the week if i don't get anywhere .
All wiring is good fredjohn and mine is a 4 pin , 2pin job !
thanks guys . :D

Yeah, bit pricey but at least it's new so guess that's the UK street price for GM part. Some breakers put iffy used one on ebay and think if they put 'Lotus Elan' and 'rare' on the description they can ask twice the GM new price!

Phil
Phil

lotusflasherman
God

Return to Doors and Windows