Door Mirrors - where did they come from?

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, Nige, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, Sy V, Specky, clemo, Dave Eds

Door Mirrors - where did they come from?

Postby 50ish » Mon 04.04.2016, 11:05

Both my door mirrors need attention and I've been trawling the archives and tinternet to try and find where our door mirrors came from. It looks like parts for these are getting scarce and expensive so would be great to find alternative sources.

You're probably thinking 'been there, done that!' :bowdown: so apologies but I'd appreciate any pointers.

Would they have come out of a GM parts bin? The reason I'm thinking that is all the searches I've done on Euro cars of the era show more angular designs, a lot of square edges typical of the cars themselves so I've been looking at GM cars in the U.S from the '80's and some look a bit more promising but so far I haven't been able to find an exact match...the search continues!
50ish

Re: Door Mirrors - where did they come from?

Postby Specky » Mon 04.04.2016, 11:42

I've tried to piece the jigsaw together for many years, but came up short on the final answer.

I have a couple of leads to follow up, I'm at the stage of looking at the suppliers to GM for those parts, but it's not something I'm actively perusing (it's on the back burner)

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
Specky

Postby 50ish » Tue 05.04.2016, 19:31

Ok thanks, looks like repairs will be work in progress for now.
D.
50ish

Postby Tuga2112 » Tue 05.04.2016, 23:04

there was a group buy being setup on this subject.
i cannot recall who was planning it, but i spoke with this unnamed person and the problem was that for 4 different types of mirrors there was almoust no one interested. and although we only needed to buy a bulk of 20 each mirror set, there was about 2-4 requests for each.
1991 elan se
1991 elan se project
91 MR2 Turbo (import) project
94 Celica GT4 (Import)
94 4Runner
98 Celica SR

too many projects. not enough sunny days :(
Tuga2112
God

Return to Doors and Windows