Bracket Part number and/or Bracket required

Moderators: theelanman, DaveT, GeoffSmith, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, Specky, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds

Bracket Part number and/or Bracket required

Postby mikey » Mon 04.09.2017, 13:12

Could somebody help me indentify the Part No or better still supply the bracket shown in the photo.
It bridges the cylinder head and block, and it provides a mounting for the PAS pump bracket; using a long bolt.

Thanks for looking
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikey

Re: Bracket Part number and/or Bracket required

Postby HJ2 » Mon 04.09.2017, 14:04

You could try and contact peter D (also on this forum, from Belgium)) is he has one available for you
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
God

Postby Fredjohn » Mon 04.09.2017, 15:24

If Peter can't help, I think it is A100E6068F PAS bracket (obsolete) Item no 5 on parts diagram 40.25a here: http://www.lotuswebstore.it/image/cache ... 41x350.gif
Failing the above, try the usual breakers.
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
MB CLK 320CDi 2007
Boardman Elite SLR Endurance 9.8 carbon road bike
Evora 2010
VW T4 Campervan
Fredjohn
God

Postby mikey » Mon 04.09.2017, 16:32

Fredjohn,

Thanks for this, the diagram is really helpful, however the part I need is the one that the long bolt on 40.25a passes through to secure Part No A100E6068F to the Cylinder head/block. This allows adjustment of the PAS belt.

Thanks again
mikey

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Mon 04.09.2017, 17:56

Fredjohn wrote:If Peter can't help, I think it is A100E6068F PAS bracket (obsolete) Item no 5 on parts diagram 40.25a here: http://www.lotuswebstore.it/image/cache ... 41x350.gif

Not exactly... What you point to is a folded metal bracket and he is looking for a cast aluminum bracket.

I have looked through all of the parts books I have and can not find it listed as a service part.

I have a few of them BUT I am in the US, so no affordable way to get it to the UK quickly.

What is wrong with your part? Aluminum can be welded and elongated holes can be sleeved, so it should be repairable.

Bracket-1.jpg

Bracket-2.jpg

Bracket-4.jpg

Bracket-5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HD Replacement Shift Cables and Short Shift Kits still available
HD Replacement Shift Cable and Short-Shift Kit prices
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Download Manuals Here
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby lotusflasherman » Tue 05.09.2017, 03:30

Brit-Car-Nut wrote:
Fredjohn wrote:If Peter can't help, I think it is A100E6068F PAS bracket (obsolete) Item no 5 on parts diagram 40.25a here: http://www.lotuswebstore.it/image/cache ... 41x350.gif

Not exactly... What you point to is a folded metal bracket and he is looking for a cast aluminum bracket.

I have looked through all of the parts books I have and can not find it listed as a service part.

:agree: I looked at my car then looked through all the versions of the Parts Manual. Couldn't find it anywhere - seems to have been omitted .. :smt017

I think it gets swapped when aircon is fitted, which has a different bracket with an extra boss used to hang the compressor on, and is shown with a part number, but not the non a/c version. Not sure as never had a/c.

Might be able to get one and use that.. cut off the compressor boss if you want to add lightness.. :lol:

ac bracket.JPG
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Tue 05.09.2017, 04:25

Probably not much help, but the GM part number is 94437055 and Isuzu's part number is 8944370558

Used on the GEO Storm and Impulse. Maybe one of the Vauxhalls used the 1.6L engine?
HD Replacement Shift Cables and Short Shift Kits still available
HD Replacement Shift Cable and Short-Shift Kit prices
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Download Manuals Here
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Return to Engine