Undertray?

Moderators: theelanman, DaveT, GeoffSmith, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, Specky, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds

Undertray?

Postby Dom » Thu 03.05.2018, 21:14

Evening, All.

I was out for a drive this evening and both the passenger and I felt something impact through the footwell area. I suspect part of the undertray came away, but I’m not familiar enough with the underside of the car to verify this. I went back along the road where it happened, but could see nothing. Having said that, it was getting dark and the verge was very grassy. Does anyone have a photo or two of the underside of the engine / front bumper area so I can work out what happened?

Thanks in advance,

Dom
Dom
Enthusiast

Re: Undertray?

Postby par » Thu 03.05.2018, 23:10

The only undertray that I can think of is the part that fills the gap between the front bumper and the radiator which can be seen in this picture still fitted to the car:-

par
Fanatic

Postby Simon_P » Thu 03.05.2018, 23:29

Probably just a stone, fiberglass cars make more of a thud, and everything is very close to the ground.
Simon_P
God

Postby HJ2 » Fri 04.05.2018, 07:28

I would suspect the skid plate indeed. Most of them are damaged. However this does not come loose easily on the car so i suspect you find just a little damage on it.
If it's broken you can repair it using epoxy, your hands and your brains.
I repaired mine recently and spray painted it black again, looks ace!
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
God

Return to Engine