Introducing ElanLogger

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Re: Introducing ElanLogger

Postby tigerdog » Fri 14.07.2017, 02:24

Brilliant bit of kit! It's wonderful to see someone with the "Newbie" label by their name, immediately contributing such a cool project. Kudos for upholding the longstanding tradition of innovative engineering that brought me to LEC, oh so many years ago. :cheers:
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
tigerdog
God

Postby matts1972 » Tue 18.07.2017, 20:41

Just edited and replaced the Arduino software in my original posting with version 1.1
This adds some visual indication by flashing the builtin LED of the Arduino board in one second intervals after the log file has successfully been written and closed.
Errors will flash quickly 5 times per second instead.
So while you are driving and nothing is flashing you can feel reassured that ElanLogger is still happily logging.
Cheers
Matthias

PS: to see the LED in Ken's ElanLogger box you will have to drill a hole in it.
matts1972
Tinkerer

Postby lotusrepair » Tue 15.08.2017, 02:18

Has anyone offered to produce and sell these? I would buy one.
lotusrepair
Tinkerer

Postby matts1972 » Tue 15.08.2017, 07:44

It is really an easy project to build one. An oil change on our cars is more challenging (at least for me :-D ). But of course, you have to invest a few hours to get the parts and put everything together. Also, while I love Ken's 3d printed box, it is rather costly (especially if you do not have a printer). So to build solid ElanLoggers in mass production, a few challenges remain.
matts1972
Tinkerer

Previous

Return to ElanScan