ElanScan ecu readout

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, GeoffSmith, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Nige, Enright, nitroman, algirdas, Sy V, Specky, clemo

ElanScan ecu readout

Postby LotusTwo » Sun 09.11.2014, 23:32

So I downloaded ElanScan, thanks Geoff, and made a USB interface, got the drivers and got Windows to accept it and did a scan. Now what can I do with it? I can read the basics and will try to interpret it but what about all the details such as the fault codes? Does anyone have a list of all the codes in the output?

Love this Lotus forum and others like it such as the TDIClub forum I have consulted many times for working on my Passat TDI. I try to give back the little I can but seem to be overwhelmed by the enthusiasts who know so much about these vehicles and are willing to share. Thanks to all. :clap:
LotusTwo

Re: ElanScan ecu readout

Postby Fredjohn » Mon 10.11.2014, 10:14

Hi and welcome to LEC. The forum is full of people with loads of M100 knowledge and experience, as indeed is the site itself.

Have a good look and read the topics in WikiLEC: you may even find the definitions of the fault codes amongst all the other snippets of info!!!!

Two things though: it is compulsory (!) to post some photos of your car and secondly put your location in your profile: it helps you and everyone else when trying to sort out problems: you may be right next door to someone on here without even knowing it.

Hope you enjoy your Elan as much as I have in the last 2 years: happy motoring :burnout: :burnout:
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
MB CLK 320CDi 2007
Boardman Endurance SLR 9.4 disc carbon road bike
Evora 2010
Swift Sundance Lifestyle 500
Fredjohn
God

Postby epipete » Mon 10.11.2014, 16:03

Fault codes are in the Leki, but for ease of access: http://wikilec.9600.org/index.php/Fault_Codes :bananasex:
You know more than you think you know, just as you know less than you want to know. ... Oscar Wilde
epipete
God

Postby LotusTwo » Mon 10.11.2014, 19:37

I'll look around for a good picture to attach and add that with my location ASAP. Fro now, I'm in Ho-Ho-Kus N.j. with a nice red U.S.A. turbo model.

Thanks but I have the list of fault codes given in WikiLEC. What I was referring to was all the codes listed in the .ecu file output produced by a scan using ElanScan. There are a number of obvious ones such as boost, rpm etc. but then there are a slew of others beyond that further down the list. Can anyone tell me what they are?
LotusTwo

Return to ElanScan