Accumate blew battery up ?!

Moderators: theelanman, nitroman, Specky, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, GeoffSmith, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Accumate blew battery up ?!

Postby simonbuk » Sat 13.01.2018, 16:10

Somebody posted this on the Facebook group, know theres an electrical guy on here but can't remember which person it is - thought they might be able to give some input ?

My input was that his battery was probably too old anyway ! (Not that helpful i know).

Thought it might be helpful to others as i know some people use these types of battery conditioners.

For some reason i can't copy the text so i don't know if this link will work for non Facebookers -

https://m.facebook.com/groups/137661776 ... %2As%2As-R
Simon - Black S2. Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
simonbuk
God

Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, West Sussex sometimes The World !!

Re: Accumate blew battery up ?!

Postby John_W » Sat 13.01.2018, 18:30

Nope, it doesn’t.

I once had a capacitor explode in a CTEK, but I’ve had the Elan on an Optimate for over fifteen years with no problems. The original battery lasted about 12 years, so that’s good going.

I can’t read the article on facetube, but I doubt that an Optimate would blow a battery up.

John
John_W
Heid-bummer

Postby Rambo » Sat 13.01.2018, 18:52

I can't read it either as not on Faeces Book but agree with JW
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby GeoffSmith » Sat 13.01.2018, 18:52

Not a member of the closed "Lotus Elan M100 Owners & enthusiasts" group so can't see what has been said but Accumate good IMHO - 12 years on original (with the correct over-gassing pipe connected) battery.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - Sorry, currently unavailable.
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Return to Electrical / Electronics / Stereo / Lights etc.