Faulty tell tale lamps

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, GeoffSmith

Faulty tell tale lamps

Postby 378S2 » Thu 10.09.2020, 14:10

Hello folks, I have some missing tell tale lights, certainly the brake warning, parking brake and oil pressure light do not come on at power on / lamp test.

Before I start fault finding - is there a common problem to look for? I will obviously start with the bulbs but I wondered if there is for example a single connector they all run through which often breaks. The indicators do work.

Thanks in advance. GS.
378S2

Re: Faulty tell tale lamps

Postby Rambo » Thu 10.09.2020, 15:02

I would check individual bulbs and fuses first. Electical diagrams and manuals are on Wikilec
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby rip » Thu 10.09.2020, 16:38

If you decide to replace any of these lamps with LEDs, don't include the indicator lamp.
Current passes through this one in opposite directions depending which way your indicators are on...but LEDs are by their nature only 1 way.
1990 SE
rip
God

Postby 378S2 » Tue 22.09.2020, 00:44

Hi Folks

I’ve changed all the bulbs on the cluster and tested by grounding the corresponding pins on ICHC, all confirmed working. Can anyone help with the following please?

1. [NOW FIXED - S2 Australian cars are connected to a relay triggered by cranking the engine] I have fixed the handbrake warning (the switch wasn’t connected correctly) but it does not bring on the fluid light via the diode shown on the wiring diagram. Does anyone know where that diode is located so I can check it please?

2. The oil pressure sender / switch is in an impossible place to reach I think. How do I get to it to check it properly without removing the engine!?

3. Main Beam signal works but not dipped. Does that feed come directly from the headlamp switch to the right or do I need to go searching somewhere else?

Big thank you to Phil who kindly sent me the S2 wiring diagrams.
378S2

Return to Electrical / Electronics / Stereo / Lights etc.