Instrument cluster tell tales

Moderators: theelanman, nitroman, Specky, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, GeoffSmith, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Re: Instrument cluster tell tales

Postby lotusflasherman » Sun 25.06.2017, 15:21

Scott wrote:.. And even the hood could be a lot better that this hell they built. ... :(

Lotus contracted out the hood design and manufacture to Tickford who were coachbuilders of some repute and built Aston Martin bodies and hoods and became part of the group trading as Aston Martin Tickford from 1981. Tickford designed and built the cabriolet version of the Jaguar XJS that was so popular that they couldn't meet demand so Jaguar set up it's own production line to make them. Lotus went to arguably the best available at the time. I have no problems with it, other than wear ...

Would be interested to hear you suggestions as to how you think it could be made better, but don't make it heavier, the M100 is heavy enough, and don't make it more difficult to stow or erect....
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Elan+"S.... and now a Collapso SE
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Re: Instrument cluster tell tales

Postby Scott » Mon 26.06.2017, 05:39

Yeah I know.. but I think they could do it better. Anyway!
1998 BMW 316 E36 Coupe
2001 Volvo S40 1.6
1991 Lotus Elan M100 Turbo
2004 Ducati Monster 620ie

''L.O.T.U.S - Let OThers UnderSteering''
Scott
Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Electrical / Electronics / Stereo / Lights etc.