New Large Bore Exhaust by PECO for S1 Elans with no flat bit

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby GeoffSmith » Fri 21.04.2006, 13:02

Ailwyn,

Are you still interested?

Geoff
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby nickb » Fri 21.04.2006, 15:01

Thanks Ailwyn, yep still have the pre cat but no main cat.

count me in chaps as and when we get our numbers sorted.

Think i'll be a postal job as I live in Essex.

Am I correct in thinking it's just the case of getting a local firm to simply fit the new system?

cheers

Nick
User avatar
nickb
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed 27.04.2005, 10:27
Location: Essex

Postby Dovey » Fri 21.04.2006, 21:23

I'm in. With fitting and rolling road too :D
Are we up to 5 yet? Who's organizing this anyway? :-D
User avatar
Dovey
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 12:26
Location: Lincoln

Postby GeoffSmith » Fri 21.04.2006, 21:33

Well I did offer to but if anyone else is volunteering, I don't mind standing down. Thought not!

I'll post a list soon and also PM everyone who showed an interest to see if there are any more takers.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby GeoffSmith » Fri 21.04.2006, 21:36

Johnbenk (or anyone else with a Peco exhaust),

Any feedback on the exhaust that we should be aware of?

Geoff
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby Dico » Fri 21.04.2006, 21:41

Hmmm

2 1/4" 2 1/2"????????? hmmmm :smt102

edit- no feedback required, i just need to make my mind up, and i'm not too good at that :?

How about setting a reasonable deadline?
Last edited by Dico on Fri 21.04.2006, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby Monty » Fri 21.04.2006, 21:46

wonder if we could get 10 ordered if Mr very nice Dave would do it for £250? :smt115 :smt023
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Postby GeoffSmith » Fri 21.04.2006, 21:48

Dico - 22:00 tonight. Alright, when my exhaust bandage gives up.
Monty - it's starting to look like 10 (if you and Dico are in that is)
Last edited by GeoffSmith on Sun 23.04.2006, 22:20, edited 2 times in total.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby GeoffSmith » Fri 21.04.2006, 22:19

List moved to page 5
Last edited by GeoffSmith on Sun 23.04.2006, 16:47, edited 12 times in total.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby paza1 » Sat 22.04.2006, 01:21

Not for me thanks. My post was just out of interest. I don't need one at the moment. (Yea, I know, sods law and all that)
Cheers
Mark
Silver 1992 SE Turbo.
paza1
Fanatic
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu 09.06.2005, 22:46
Location: Chester

New Large Bore Exhaust

Postby algirdas » Sat 22.04.2006, 06:10

All:

Please excuse the silly question, but will the Peco exhaust work with a stiffy?

Sincerely,

Algirdas
Noli illegitemi carborundum.
User avatar
algirdas
Moderator
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon 19.01.2004, 03:20
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: New Large Bore Exhaust

Postby Dico » Sat 22.04.2006, 10:18

algirdas wrote:All:

Please excuse the silly question, but will the Peco exhaust work with a stiffy?

Sincerely,

Algirdas


Yes, it deffo will.
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby pjohn151 » Sat 22.04.2006, 10:31

I'm definately a NO THANKYOU

I've only recently fitted my SJ s/s system, so definately do not need another one!

Phil
SOLD - '90G BRG Elan SE, 42k miles
Excellent condition - see for sale section

Now Elanless
User avatar
pjohn151
Fanatic
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue 20.05.2003, 09:19
Location: Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK

Postby stevieshag » Sat 22.04.2006, 11:40

Still undecided, i am going to MANIFLOW next week, they are going to have a look & price it up !!!
stevie
oh summer!! the time to go topless...


black lotus elan se (kermit)
Mitsibushi outlander
suzuki gsx 750 W (Gonzo)
stevieshag
God
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Sat 10.07.2004, 23:30
Location: stonehenge

Postby GeoffSmith » Sat 22.04.2006, 12:27

I've just been quoted £20 for fitting.

Compared to performing contortions and squeezing under the car, getting eyes full of dirt and hands full of cuts, I think it's a no-brainer!
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby Dovey » Sat 22.04.2006, 15:19

Good man for volunteering Geoff 8)

I'm defo in.
My location is now updated.
I agree the inner tail pipe isn't the most handsome, but better flow is what this exhaust is all about for me so standard is fine. And I have some hammerite somewhere...
Never buy anything that was built on a Friday
User avatar
Dovey
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 12:26
Location: Lincoln

Postby JIMBO » Sat 22.04.2006, 18:17

7, Jimbo, No fixed abode, Fitted ?

Just post or PM any updates and I'll update and re-post the list.[/quote]

Thats a definate from me and my "tinkerers" horse and cart is firmly grounded in Bury St Edmunds.
JIMBO
Fanatic
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue 25.11.2003, 23:24

Peco Exhaust

Postby johnbenk » Sat 22.04.2006, 20:41

Hi

Still having FUN :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D with my PECO Exhaust.
The sound gets better now that some carbon has began to form on the in side.

It has DEEP throaty sound at tickover and gets better as you floor the gas pedal.

I am pleased with the sound on the Motorway as well. The boost together
with a K&N filter is over 07.5bar.

I will get the car on a Dyno soon to check BHP power output at the wheels
and flywheel.

But recommend to any doubters, DO NOT FIT THIS EXHAUST yourself as you could break a STUD on the TURBO section as you HAVE to heat up the THREE STUDS which bolt on to the TURBO downpipe part.

KWICK FIT only charged me 20 quid.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by johnbenk on Sun 23.04.2006, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
johnbenk
The only Gay in the Village
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed 21.09.2005, 20:46

Postby GeoffSmith » Sat 22.04.2006, 22:55

We've got 5 definites already.

If we have any more by next week, I'll get in touch with David to see if there's any scope for further reductions. There are also a few questions mixed up amongst the posts, so I will pull them all together and send a consolidated list to David; if anyone has any more queries, please get them to me asap.

Thanks very much for the feedback John - it all sounds very positive. It looks like some eBayers have fitted their exhausts themselves but two of us have been quoted £20 from different establishments which seems pretty reasonable tome. Two pieces of advice if using Quikfit and the like: 1) Talk to the manager, preferably at a quiet time, and ask for someone experienced to fit it. 2) Don't let the car out of your sight!

Geoff

PS I've asked Stevieshag to let us know how he gets on at Maniflow next week.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Re: Peco Exhaust

Postby theelanman » Sun 23.04.2006, 00:58

johnbenk wrote:I am pleased with the sound on the Motorway as well. The boost together with a K&N filter is over 7.5bar.

holy sh!t£........7.5 bar......that must be a record......you must have the 0-60 time down to under 1sec now!!!!
tell costas...I'm sure he'll want one too.......and after he did all that work on sh4rk when actually all he needed was a roscoe 'peco' trayne exhaust..
lol
G
:-D
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

PreviousNext

Return to Exhaust

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests