squealing cooling fans

Post cries for help here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, GeoffSmith

Re: squealing cooling fans

Postby HJ2 » Mon 29.03.2021, 19:42

Perhaps. I looked at them as well.

Is it the 9" and do the mount holes match the OEM?
I could not tell from the data i found...

I'd prefer a German supplier, less fuss with shipment, customs additional cost etc :roll:
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
Wodan - God of the Low Lands

Postby Simon_P » Mon 29.03.2021, 22:28

HJ,

Fans come in 2 varieties cheap chinese and really expensive. The cheap ones aren't balanced and have a standard blade cut down so you might get some vibration but they only come on occasionally and they do the job and are cheap. Expensive ones are balanced and better made but are £100+ each.

Then there are suckers and blowers ours are mounted on the inside of the radiator so will need to suck - expensive ones will have a different blade cheaper ones you just reverse the polarity.

The Lotus replacement for the yellow 4 blade was a Kenlowe multiblade (expensive) but Kenlowe no longer sell aftermarket fans. In Europe you might look at Spal (Italian).

The mountings are pretty much universal - you might have to chop a bit of plastic off but the right size will fit.
Simon_P
God

Postby Saltire » Tue 30.03.2021, 08:01

Simon_P wrote:The Lotus replacement for the yellow 4 blade was a Kenlowe multiblade (expensive) but Kenlowe no longer sell aftermarket fans. In Europe you might look at Spal (Italian).

Spal are also available in the UK from Demon Tweeks.
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2 no 512, BRG/magnolia, last of 4 UK S2 to this spec
2019 VW Golf R - “The Flying Tomato”
2020 Volvo XC40 T4 AWD
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous Problems - Need Help!