Very silly windscreen washer problem

Post cries for help here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, Nige, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, Sy V, Specky, clemo, Dave Eds

Very silly windscreen washer problem

Postby DABgp » Wed 02.04.2014, 12:42

The washers weren't working on my S2. I opened the bonnet to find the pipe had come of its connection leading into the bodywork next to the bonnet hinge. I tried to reconnect but the pipe stub I was trying to connect to went backwards and disappeared into the bodywork. I can't see where it went to try to retrieve it, even with all those black bungs removed in that suspension towery looking bit of body. Any ideas? Have I got to take the wheel arch liner out or go under the dashboard?
DABgp
Sadly departed but never forgotten

Re: Very silly windscreen washer problem

Postby Jeemy » Sun 06.04.2014, 11:36

I've got my main car open at that section and if I am talking about the same bit as you (on the nearside, pipe goes into the body through a grommet RIGHT by the body hinge), looking at the car from the front, then it basically doubles back on itself, runs over the metal part near the brake line, comes up just under the two electrical connectors, and then goes into the bulkhead to the right of the heater in/out coolant supply pipes.

While I don't have my camera on me you can see exactly where it goes back in in this pic from my thread:

Just to the bottom left of the electrical connection.

You should be able to pull it back through with a coat hanger.
T: 0800 084 3084
M: 07391 295 146
Jeemy
God

Postby Enright » Tue 08.04.2014, 11:24

As for getting at it from underneath, doesn't it make an appearance behind the LH A-panel?
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
Enright
Modificator

Postby DABgp » Thu 10.04.2014, 20:23

Jeemy wrote:I've got my main car open at that section and if I am talking about the same bit as you (on the nearside, pipe goes into the body through a grommet RIGHT by the body hinge), looking at the car from the front, then it basically doubles back on itself, runs over the metal part near the brake line, comes up just under the two electrical connectors, and then goes into the bulkhead to the right of the heater in/out coolant supply pipes.

While I don't have my camera on me you can see exactly where it goes back in in this pic from my thread:

Just to the bottom left of the electrical connection.

You should be able to pull it back through with a coat hanger.

Thanks Jeemy, I hadn't spotted the pipe went that way. Thanks Enright too.
All sorted now!
DABgp
Sadly departed but never forgotten

Return to Miscellaneous Problems - Need Help!