Pictures of sensors fitted into standard air box

Leads, coils, plugs, starters, starting probs etc.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, GeoffSmith

Pictures of sensors fitted into standard air box

Postby david924s » Tue 30.06.2020, 12:43

I want to replace the cone filter in my car with the standard air box (which I have) does anyone have any photos of the sensors normally attached or indeed which hoses normally fit to it, the cone one on my car was there when I bought it so just wanted an idea of what to look for in the engine bay as I suspect the hoses and any sensors will have been tucked away for security and if you don't know what your looking for it can take time to work out what is or is not correct.

I think from looking in the parts diagrams there are only two hoses connected to the airbox Oil sep/cam cover and waste gate solenoid valve and doesn't look like any sensors so just need to track down the hoses and try to refit the original airbox.
david924s
Tinkerer

Re: Pictures of sensors fitted into standard air box

Postby Simon_P » Tue 30.06.2020, 16:16

Yes, just those two pipes and they go onto a fitting on the outlet of the filter housing.
Air filter box - short plastic tube with fitting - rubber hose to turbo.

Is the filter bracket still present?
Simon_P
God

Postby david924s » Wed 01.07.2020, 07:31

Thanks for the confirmation, not sure about the bracket need to check under the bonnet to see if it is under the cone filter have a memory of it being there but can check later certainly not on the airbox in the garage so I hope it is.
david924s
Tinkerer

Postby Rambo » Wed 01.07.2020, 08:49

Not my engine bay (far too dirty :smt064 ) but a recent photo that TH posted. Does it help ? If not, I will take some photos later

Rambo
Don't push me

Postby david924s » Wed 01.07.2020, 10:09

Thanks Rambo, that helps at least I can see how it is supposed to go back just need to find the hoses to reconnect, checked my original air box and it does have the necessary tapping points for the hoses and also the mounting bracket is still attached and looks in good condition so should be an easy job once I can get round to it, been meaning to do it since I picked the car up so only 18 months no rush
david924s
Tinkerer

Return to Ignition and fuelling