Seatbelt replacement

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Seatbelt replacement

Postby Stef » Mon 09.01.2017, 15:22

Since my driver side seatbelt no longer retracts and the passenger side clip is dodgy, I'm looking to replace my seatbelts.

Has anyone got experience of doing this? Any tips or advice?

Seen these on fleabay that look correct but just wish to get second opinion on before purchase please. Thanks! :-)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162201998307?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162201998307? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador

Re: Seatbelt replacement

Postby par » Mon 09.01.2017, 15:43

Replacing the seat belt is very straightforward, trickiest part is finding all the screws holding the plastic B-pillar trim in place, once this is removed it is just a case of unbolting the old unit and replacing with the new one. The M100 channel on Youtube by Toby on here has a video that covers getting access to the seat belt unit which should help.

I cant comment on the ebay units as I used the replacement from SJ Sports which fitted perfectly.
par
Enthusiast

Postby Saltire » Mon 09.01.2017, 23:39

par wrote:Replacing the seat belt is very straightforward, trickiest part is finding all the screws holding the plastic B-pillar trim in place, once this is removed it is just a case of unbolting the old unit and replacing with the new one. The M100 channel on Youtube by Toby on here has a video that covers getting access to the seat belt unit which should help.

I cant comment on the ebay units as I used the replacement from SJ Sports which fitted perfectly.

. . . and I've just spent a merry afternoon finding those selfsame screws (although for a different reason). If you need to know locations, just ask. You'll also probably find that the B-pillar trim is cracked at the top, especially around the B-post cap fixings. A bit of fibreglass mat and resin sorted mine out a treat.
Jonathan

S2 no 512, BRG/LRG, magnolia interior, last of five UK S2 to this spec
Saltire
Fanatic

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Sutherland

Postby DeanG » Sat 14.01.2017, 18:07

Would you be so kind as to post a picture showing where the screws hide?
DeanG
God

Postby Saltire » Sun 15.01.2017, 08:47

DeanG wrote:Would you be so kind as to post a picture showing where the screws hide?

Sure, Dean. May not be today but I'll get something out in the next couple of days.
Jonathan

Saltire
Fanatic

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Sutherland

Postby par » Sun 15.01.2017, 12:52

This is the link to the youtube video which should help:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iphjValLhIY
par
Enthusiast

Postby Saltire » Mon 16.01.2017, 21:01

Dean: Here are a couple of photos I took yesterday:

This one shows the two side screws hidden under the carpet. The socket in between them is to plug in my CTek battery conditioner, and the white label is tyre pressures
2017-01-15 10.02.52 (Medium) (Small).jpg

This one is at the top inner of the seatbelt cover, where it abuts the transverse rail that the hood catches are fixed to.
2017-01-15 10.03.18 (Medium) (Small).jpg

This one shows the top of the B post cover.
2017-01-16 19.42.41 (Medium).jpg

There are two scrivet type fixings and one screw underneath, so you need to carefully peel away the rubber and remove those, then reseal afterwards. I haven't photographed them, because I didn't want to have to get the Sikaflex out again :D In all cases, the red arrows show the screw positions.

Finally, there's one screw underneath the rear speaker housing. To get at that, you need to remove the loudspeaker and the housing. Underneath you'll find the metal frame which the speaker screws go into, and the remaining screw is fairly obvious at the back of that frame towards the left upper looking rearwards.

I think that's all, but I disclaim all responsibility if I've missed one :-D

Hope that helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jonathan

Saltire
Fanatic

Return to Interior