glove box key

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

glove box key

Postby type49 » Mon 08.05.2017, 11:17

I don't have the key for the glove box :(

Does any one know if it's possibe to find one somewhere or do i need to change the lock ? In this case is this lock easy to find ? and where ?

Thank you
type49

Re: glove box key

Postby lotusflasherman » Mon 08.05.2017, 12:45

If you have the Handbook for the car the Glovebox Key No. is recorded on Page 64 and any decent key cutting business can supply one, though they may have to order the blank.

It's not a problem on my current SE as a previous owner seems to have fitted a catch without a keyhole, not ideal on an open car so glovebox is usually empty - but at least it stops me carrying clutter .. :lol:
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Re: glove box key

Postby type49 » Mon 08.05.2017, 14:21

lotusflasherman wrote:It's not a problem on my current SE as a previous owner seems to have fitted a catch without a keyhole, not ideal on an open car so glovebox is usually empty - but at least it stops me carrying clutter .. :lol:

Could be a solution, but i'm afraid the "bazaar" will finally be putted inside the boot :-D
type49

Return to Interior