New Handmade Vinyl Seat covers, Doors and Gaiters

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, nitroman, Specky, clemo, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

New Handmade Vinyl Seat covers, Doors and Gaiters

Postby Tuga2112 » Mon 27.08.2018, 22:05

I Got these made by a friend in Stafford a few months ago.

It would be best to show in person, but after the sequence of unfortunate events after the Head Gasket replacement i was unable to attend Castle Combe this year.
I think the work is really good, and would like to share, if anyone else would like their car's interior made, i know the stripes can be made in pretty much any colour to your liking (my blue car got them in blue) and im sure Gary will not mind the extra busines..
this is a link to he's business facebook page. (i can give a phone number via pm if required)

one small thing to note, is that the matts are not made by Gary,i sourced those from ebay. they were advertised as "luxury" when i purchased, but honestly not good enough for the name. as they are thinner than i expected for a "luxury" item, since them the description and price changed, although the picture is the same.

another thing to note is the difference in colors in the seats. if you look closely there is dark blue and dark grey tones in the vinyl. This was intentional. as from close inspection of the original seats that came out of my blue car, we found there was 2 different tones in the leather, these were matching in both seats. so we assumed that was the original factory design.
My Blue elan has exclusively Grey tone as i though it would look better in that car because the stripes are blue

1991 elan se
1991 elan se project
91 MR2 Turbo (import) project
94 Celica GT4 (Import)
94 4Runner
98 Celica SR

too many projects. not enough sunny days :(
Tuga2112
God

Re: New Handmade Vinyl Seat covers, Doors and Gaiters

Postby RichardK » Mon 27.08.2018, 23:23

Very nicely done, :cheers:

I was wanting similar for my yellow one, but the upholstery guy went a bit over the top and I ended up with something completely different! Like the door cards.
CAPETOWN - RED 92 SE: V5 and LGM Turbo Installed
NEW ORLEANS - YELLOW 91 FED. TLC Required.
RichardK
Fanatic

Postby Rambo » Tue 28.08.2018, 09:51

Looks very good, but won't dark vinyl be a bit hot and sweaty on a summer's day ?

PS I suspect your blue car originally had the same tone leather at manufacture and somewhere down the line someone has replaced a couple of panals in a similar shade. I have never seen any M100 before with 2 tone grey/black leather
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby John_W » Tue 28.08.2018, 14:45

The Lotus brochures when the Elan was new showed that the leather seats and door cards were 3-tone: dark grey+light grey+colour (red or yellow).
The attached photo is from the 1991 brochure.

Nice job, by the way, João.

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John_W
Heid-bummer

Postby Rambo » Tue 28.08.2018, 19:59

muley wrote:Well, bugger me with a toasting fork
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Scott J » Tue 28.08.2018, 23:07

Rambo wrote:
muley wrote:Well, bugger me with a toasting fork

Tosser of the day :lol:
Some people beat Rambo from A to B.
Scott J
The prodigal son

Postby lotusflasherman » Wed 29.08.2018, 20:00

John_W wrote:The Lotus brochures when the Elan was new showed that the leather seats and door cards were 3-tone: dark grey+light grey+colour (red or yellow).

John

Well 'toasting fork' me too... :lol:

My first SE was a J reg Collapso with Red Stripe and the grey looked all the same to me. Seats got ridiculously hot in south of France and I burnt my bum & legs so happy to have cloth in the Pacific Blue replacement.
After 100,000 miles the seams for the Red Stripe in the drivers side seat were splitting and I'm a lightweight compared to most so not the best design in my opinion.

My latest Collapso acquisition has full red panels that I have not seen before so at least those seams won't split. Was that a factory option or is it a custom job..?

seats 1024.jpg

Anybody got something like these? ( looks like they're had some heavyweight bums in the photo but look OK now.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Collapso SE, Elan+S.... and now an Evora
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby Rambo » Wed 29.08.2018, 20:02

Custom job Phil.
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby lotusflasherman » Wed 29.08.2018, 20:55

Rambo wrote:Custom job Phil.

Thanks for info. Prefer it to my old OE Red Stripe.
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Collapso SE, Elan+S.... and now an Evora
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby Tuga2112 » Sun 02.09.2018, 21:52

Rambo wrote:Looks very good, but won't dark vinyl be a bit hot and sweaty on a summer's day ?

PS I suspect your blue car originally had the same tone leather at manufacture and somewhere down the line someone has replaced a couple of panals in a similar shade. I have never seen any M100 before with 2 tone grey/black leather

my blue car had originally full leather yellow seats.
the yellow car had originally half leather seats.

i have no clue how will the vinyl act in "hot" summer days... i was assured that they would react very similarly to real leather. (which tbh is not the most confurtable thing to seat on during the winter)

John_W wrote:The Lotus brochures when the Elan was new showed that the leather seats and door cards were 3-tone: dark grey+light grey+colour (red or yellow).

John

correct.
we were both very confused as for the colors of the multiple tones of black/grey/blue and took both sets from both cars out and under multiple different light sources to confirm 100% they all had 2 dark tones (plus yellow on the full leather) before actually confirming the final design.
1991 elan se
1991 elan se project
91 MR2 Turbo (import) project
94 Celica GT4 (Import)
94 4Runner
98 Celica SR

too many projects. not enough sunny days :(
Tuga2112
God

Return to Interior