Interior door handle escuteons and lock buttons

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, GeoffSmith, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Nige, Enright, nitroman, algirdas, Sy V, Specky, clemo

Interior door handle escuteons and lock buttons

Postby Graaf » Wed 16.10.2019, 21:55

I'm looking for apair of handle escuchions, mine are broken and a pair of lock buttons and escuchions as mine have turned brown!.

Thanks
Graaf
Tinkerer

Re: Interior door handle escuteons and lock buttons

Postby scotlan » Thu 17.10.2019, 14:06

Graaf wrote:I'm looking for apair of handle escuchions, mine are broken and a pair of lock buttons and escuchions as mine have turned brown!.

Thanks

Hi
I bought a new driver's side last week from SJ sportcars for £16.50+ Vat, I think they have them in stock. Also on ebay there are some
e.g. Lotus Elan SE / S2 M100 Passenger / Left Hand Door handle escutcheon. £10
scotlan

Postby quiksilva » Thu 17.10.2019, 17:30

Hello
bought a pair to replace my cracked ones this year from wayne who posts on the forum
http://elanm100.com/web-shop
very happy with fit and quality
andy
The most successful people are those who are good at plan B.

1992 BRG Elan SE, 43k, Wilwoods, Killimanjaro Oh & a bl**dy big grin.
quiksilva
Fanatic

Postby Graaf » Thu 17.10.2019, 19:29

Thanks for the information guys
Graaf
Tinkerer

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Thu 17.10.2019, 20:18

I am sorry to say that Wayne is currently out of stock. He told me that a couple days ago in an email.

I have a few of his sets in stock for $50.00 each + postage

I also have a few of his B Post Cover kits (LATE STYLE ONLY) for the same price.

I am fairly certain I have a couple of Door Lock buttons and escutcheons but need to get into the shop and find them.

We are still gathering every spare part I have into one area and it is slow going...
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Thu 17.10.2019, 22:11

I also have 5 new door lock buttons and one new escutcheon.

They are milk chocolate BROWN as original. If yours are the same and you want another color, find some plastic spray paint and repaint them.

Wayne's door handle escutcheons are more dark grey only because we were given the option and we decided that was a better look with the normal door panel material.

If you really want any of those bits, send me an email and I will send you prices.

Remember, I pay inbound postage (UK to US) for everything that I buy, so matching someone that is local's price is not possible. I don't get any huge "reseller" discounts like Lotus dealers.
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby wayne » Fri 18.10.2019, 18:34

Post deleted by author.
Last edited by wayne on Mon 21.10.2019, 04:52, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Pacific Blue, Top end performance Kit. K&N airfilter& HKS BOV. Everest. HiSpec fronts, SS hoses. 2010 Canyon red Evora.
http://www.elanm100.com
wayne
God

Postby Admin » Sun 20.10.2019, 15:18

The observant amongst you will have noticed that this thread is now a lot shorter than it was yesterday - many posts have been removed, and others edited.

We believe that this now brings the whole post into line with the sort of standard which we would expect to be displayed on this community forum.

More importantly, it may actually serve to help out Martyn who asked the original question, and has felt as though he was responsible for the descent into chaos - which is NOT the case at all.

This message comes (as the really observant amongst you will have noticed) from a 'Corporate *Admin* Account, and not from a named individual site administrator - the reason being to remove this from becoming a 'personal' matter which may infer that the poster takes one view or another. For the Conspiracy Theorists amongst you, let me assure you that "we" have been in consultation, and agree that this action is appropriate, and will not be changed by aproaching any of the individual site administrators.

Suffice to say, that it took a while to get the dust off this account and work out the password for it, that demonstrates that "we" do not use it very often - but when it IS used, it is used as (in the words of Winston Churchill) "Speak softly, but carry a big stick"......

...... Ok, it was actually Teddy Roosevelt - but I'm sure WC *would* have said it :wink: .......

So, Gents, play nicely please, otherwise there WILL be consequences.

any further comments on here (whether in favour of or against any persons, opinions or reasons) will be simply deleted.

Carry on......... (in the booming voice of Sy).
Admin
LEC Corporate Admin

Postby Graaf » Mon 21.10.2019, 16:21

Brit-Car-Nut If the buttons are brown I'll stick with mine

thanks.
Graaf
Tinkerer

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Mon 21.10.2019, 16:35

Good idea!