A-Pillar cover removal

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, GeoffSmith

A-Pillar cover removal

Postby JusNoGood » Wed 11.03.2020, 18:31

Hi All

can someone please refer me to some instructions on how to remove the leather a-pillar cover or tell me how to do it?

Regards

Justin
JusNoGood
Fanatic

Re: A-Pillar cover removal

Postby Saltire » Wed 11.03.2020, 20:59

Hi Justin

Gently lift up the rubber seal above the A-pillar cover and you’ll see a couple of cross-head screws securing the cover to the A-pillar. Remove these first. Then gently pull the cover upwards and outwards from the top, and it will come away from the pillar.

Mine’s an S2, and that worked for me. As yours is an S1.5, should be fine for you as well!

Note that the screws will probably be rusted in, and the top of the pillar cover may well be cracked - it’s only plastic. I repaired mine with a spot of GRP mat and some resin. Don’t get it too thick, though, or you won’t be able to replace the cover correctly.

Hope this helps :D
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2 no 512, BRG/magnolia, last of 4 UK S2 to this spec
2019 VW Golf R - “The Flying Tomato”
2020 Volvo XC40 T4 AWD
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Re: A-Pillar cover removal

Postby JusNoGood » Wed 11.03.2020, 21:33

Wonderful thanks Jonathan. Very helpful.

I have a set of Jamie seals in the garage teasing me to creep the scope...must resist
JusNoGood
Fanatic

Return to Interior