Carpets....again!

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, GeoffSmith

Carpets....again!

Postby Oscarthecat » Wed 15.01.2020, 19:32

Hey folks
Looking to replace the tired grey carpet in my Elan and obviously there are no suppliers for new carpet made to the Elan template. Going to order some carpet but do you think I should get car specific carpet or will anything do? Roughly how much carpet does it require (guessing at around 3-4 M²). Any thoughts?

Paul
1992 BRG M100 SE
Oscarthecat

Re: Carpets....again!

Postby david924s » Thu 16.01.2020, 10:02

I remember an old Wheeler Dealer episode for a Mk2 Jag I think where Mike went to a company and they made a full set in original material and underlay from templates got the impression they were up North but not sure. Failing that take the old ones out carefully and use hem as templates for the replacement would think any vehicle carpet material will do but need to be careful of the edging so material frays out at the cut points
david924s
Enthusiast

Postby Graaf » Thu 16.01.2020, 11:13

Coverdale in Wigan will make a set of carpets if you can provide them with paper patterns - something I’m about to try!

As Dave says if you are cutting them yourself fraying could be problem.
Graaf
Enthusiast

Postby Simon_P » Thu 16.01.2020, 11:43

I'm halfway through making up a set of wooden patterns I've done the front but I need to get the rear bulkhead carpet off and I've run out of wood for the template.

I have several other project on the go at the moment, but if anyone is interested I could make up a few sets ... it depends how much of a hurry you are in - it will be a couple of weeks before I get back to it.
Simon_P
God

Postby Oscarthecat » Sun 19.01.2020, 00:05

Simon_P wrote:I'm halfway through making up a set of wooden patterns I've done the front but I need to get the rear bulkhead carpet off and I've run out of wood for the template.

I have several other project on the go at the moment, but if anyone is interested I could make up a few sets ... it depends how much of a hurry you are in - it will be a couple of weeks before I get back to it.

Sounds like a good idea. I'm in no hurry. Might be worth sending a template to Coverdale as they've made an Elan set previously but did not keep the plans. As nobody else is making a fitted set currently it might be worth talking to them to see if they're interested.

Paul
1992 BRG M100 SE
Oscarthecat

Postby Motocompo » Sat 17.10.2020, 20:48

Hi, I have let made them. I wanted to have ones that are tone in tone with the interior floor.
They are handmade and look really good.

I still have the carpet, problem is I live in Germany.

There is a small company in Munich that can make them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Motocompo

Return to Interior