new seats

Moderators: theelanman, nitroman, Specky, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, GeoffSmith, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Re: new seats

Postby GeoffSmith » Fri 29.05.2015, 22:41

TOSSPOT!

You mean you haven't got a run on timer..... and 100°C fan cut-in..... and linear temperature gauge? :roll:
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - Sorry, currently unavailable.
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby epipete » Fri 29.05.2015, 23:39

GeoffSmith wrote:TOSSPOT!

You mean you haven't got a run on timer..... and 100°C fan cut-in..... and linear temperature gauge? :roll:

As it so happens, NO. Some folks keep passing the ball about!
You know more than you think you know, just as you know less than you want to know. ... Oscar Wilde
epipete
God

Postby dapinky » Sat 30.05.2015, 11:23

...nor me - except I don't want a 100 degree fan switch (apparently!) - I do remember putting my name down for one many, many years ago, but nowt ever happened..... I can't remember who was organising that GB though (It definitely weren't me!)
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby lotustonybassplayer » Sat 22.04.2017, 20:36

Holy thread resurrection :-D picking up some s2000 seats this week and ordered the parts to install as dapinky method :bowdown: Dave have you had any issues with the install over time :poke:
lotustonybassplayer
Enthusiast

Postby dapinky » Sun 23.04.2017, 09:13

Tony,

No problems to report. The seats haven't fallen out, are still secure, and move as and when required - I can't think of anything that I would do differently if I were to fit another set (but that doesn't mean that there couldn't be improvements found - just that I have yet to notice them).
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby lotustonybassplayer » Sun 23.04.2017, 11:41

Thanks for the prompt reply Dave :D well i got the passenger seat out with a fight one bolt sheared, one of the outer ones so no problem there, luckily :-D one of the captive bolts required a long breaker bar and a lot of cursing :x even now the bolt is still stuck in the spacer on the seat bracket :shock: the driver seat has been out before so no problem removing that one :D My circular saw is at the ready for the aluminum plate :-D
lotustonybassplayer
Enthusiast

Postby bbjon » Mon 24.04.2017, 11:13

HI Tony - I did this job a few weeks ago following Dave's excellent guide and confirm that it's spot on - the only thing I did differently was to tap the alloy plates to fix the mounting bolts in position when I'd got the final location down.

cheers

Jon
bbjon
Tinkerer

Previous

Return to Interior