Door trim panel install

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

Door trim panel install

Postby jello » Thu 04.03.2021, 18:22

Door Cards. I had my door cards rebuilt and reupholstered. They were glued in with some unknown glue like gorilla glue.
I want to put the new door cards in, but don't know how the factory mounted them.
Any recommendations? I want them fairly easy to remove, as the car will be painted soon.

Phil Bates
jello
Enthusiast

Re: Door trim panel install

Postby Simon_P » Fri 05.03.2021, 13:51

In the repairs section above there is a window regulator article. The article refers to Charlies fix - follow the link.
Simon_P
God

Postby HJ2 » Fri 05.03.2021, 15:39

... don't tell us that the piece of carpet is already glued in position, covering the holes!
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
Wodan - God of the Low Lands

Postby jello » Fri 05.03.2021, 17:45

Thanks for the link. It's been a while since I was actively working on the interior of this car. Now I remember the link, the job, etc, etc. I do have a window that needs work - maybe I'll take off the door panel and fix that lift mechanism before putting the panel back in.
This will sound odd, but the way I used to have the door cards was installed with velcro. I think I'll do that again. That way they are easily removable, but they are securely affixed.
jello
Enthusiast

Return to Interior