Front wishbone bushings for group buy

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, GeoffSmith

Front wishbone bushings for group buy

Postby TorqueHorse » Mon 22.06.2020, 00:06

Didn't want to pollute the group buy sign up with this, but how are folks determining that they need one or more of these bushings?

Front Upper - An interleaved Top hat bush x4 (C100C6003F)

Front Lower x8 and Rear Lower Inner x8 - An interleaved Top hat bush. The bush is the same front and rear but there are 2 grades Orange (E100C6002F) and White (B100D6019F)

Without taking the suspension apart, are there signs/symptoms that would indicate its time to replace?
TorqueHorse
Tinkerer

Re: Front wishbone bushings for group buy

Postby GeoffSmith » Mon 22.06.2020, 09:17

Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby Rambo » Mon 22.06.2020, 09:30

Some of these parrs are no longer available so that, and age, are the biggest factors for me. And, if not needed immediately, they will be readily to hand when required

Thanks to Simon for organising yet another "group buy"
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby dapinky » Mon 22.06.2020, 10:24

When I rebuilt my car ~6 or 7 years ago these bushes were no longer availlable, and I spent a lot of time and effort in tracking down the original supplier (it ended up as a subsidiary company as part of the Michelin Group).... they were not able to offer any hope of ever remanufacturing them, due to the minimum order size they would want to even think about it.

As such, it meant that we needed someone else to make some up, so I tried a few rubber bush places that I knew, and drew a blank.

I resorted to going with what was easily available - and that was Polyurethane bushes (which are available from either SJs or SWL).

However, I would prefert o have rubber bushes for certain applications, so once Simon found a supplier who can make what we need, I was happy.

Simon has now got to the stage where to get a price, he needs an idea of demand - hence these lists.

I am in no rush to imediately replace what I have got, but will do in due course..... or just keep them on the spares shelf until they are required somewhere.

I work on the principle that I may not need it now, or even in the future - but I'd rather have them and not need them than the other way round - and if insufficient people get on board, then they will never be made available.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby NewLogik » Tue 23.06.2020, 03:37

dapinky wrote:When I rebuilt my car ~6 or 7 years ago these bushes were no longer availlable, and I spent a lot of time and effort in tracking down the original supplier (it ended up as a subsidiary company as part of the Michelin Group).... they were not able to offer any hope of ever remanufacturing them, due to the minimum order size they would want to even think about it.

As such, it meant that we needed someone else to make some up, so I tried a few rubber bush places that I knew, and drew a blank.

I resorted to going with what was easily available - and that was Polyurethane bushes (which are available from either SJs or SWL).

However, I would prefert o have rubber bushes for certain applications, so once Simon found a supplier who can make what we need, I was happy.

Simon has now got to the stage where to get a price, he needs an idea of demand - hence these lists.

I am in no rush to imediately replace what I have got, but will do in due course..... or just keep them on the spares shelf until they are required somewhere.

I work on the principle that I may not need it now, or even in the future - but I'd rather have them and not need them than the other way round - and if insufficient people get on board, then they will never be made available.

So true, that's exactly why I'm taking part of most group buys even if I don't need the parts right away, at least they will be readily available when required and I'll have done my part to get them produced when it's time to meet the minimum quantity...
NewLogik
Enthusiast

Postby TorqueHorse » Wed 24.06.2020, 00:03

Awesome, thanks for sharing your perspectives. I'm jumping in too to have it 'on-hand' (and support the group buy process), but was curious since there were so many folks signing up so quickly, I didn't know if there was a common symptom I should be on the lookout for too.
And yes, thanks again to Simon for kicking this off!
TorqueHorse
Tinkerer

Return to Suspension and Brakes