EBC RedStuff Pads

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, GeoffSmith

EBC RedStuff Pads

Postby georgeguthrie » Fri 14.08.2020, 23:05

Hi
Just after advice, has anyone used RedStuff pads, currently running M100 with Everest Chip, have Hispec 4 pot calipers and discs, started with EBC standard pads, progressed to EBC Greenstuff which showed a marked improvement when warmed up. Currently running with Mintex 1144 pads which have excellent bite from cold and I am happy with them - except for the dust!!! sick of cleaning the wheels.
Thinking of trying EBC RedStuff ceramic pads, after reading the write up, which are reasonably priced compared to the Ferodo alternative.

Appreciate any feedback on Redstuff pads or advice from current users of Ferodo pads or any other suggestions.

Thanks in anticipation

Geordie
georgeguthrie

Re: EBC RedStuff Pads

Postby Rocklobster » Fri 16.10.2020, 15:24

Just for a point of reference Geordie, did you try the RedStuff pads? If so, how have you found them?

I run Mintex M1144's and I'd be interested to hear how they compare. I've tried Yellowstuff pads in the past, that was a mistake, I've never seen brake pads in flames before or since, and that experience put me off EBC. The Mintex M1144's work well though, they don't fade and they appear to be non-combustible, although as you say, a bit dusty. Personally, I can live with that as long as they stop me...
Pete

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Rocklobster
Tinkerer

Postby chrisP » Fri 16.10.2020, 15:41

I am running EBC Yellow pads this year, before that I was on vintage green stuff pads - that had no low temperature bite.
I cannot recommend the yellow stuff pads just based on the amount of dust that they create! (and I'm worried to hear about the fire potential) After a bit of spirited driving they fade quite a bit as well.
My daily runs DS2500's and I would recommend them.
For reference Hi spec 4 pots front with 298mm discs, Hi spec 2 pot rears on vented 256mm discs

Chris P
chrisP
Fanatic

Postby Rocklobster » Fri 16.10.2020, 19:50

Chris, I'd be surprised if you had any serious issues if you've got a Hi Spec set-up, they'll definitely dissipate heat better than the standard discs. Plus I was on a track day when I set fire to the pads and it was only a very small fire (quite alarming at the time though), so I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you.
Pete

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Rocklobster
Tinkerer

Postby HJ2 » Sat 17.10.2020, 20:53

I’d stick with the Mintex and clean more.

Better dusty snappy brakes, also from cold
Then hard, dustfree but fading pads imho.
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
Wodan - God of the Low Lands

Postby Rocklobster » Sat 17.10.2020, 22:39

:agree:
Pete

Rocklobster
Tinkerer

Postby Saltire » Sun 18.10.2020, 07:33

:agree: too

I’ve had the Mintex for 2 years now, on standard calipers, and they have all the stopping power I need, cold or hot. A bit of brake dust here and there doesn’t bother me - I can’t see it while I’m driving :lol:
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2 no 512, BRG/magnolia, last of 4 UK S2 to this spec
2019 VW Golf R - “The Flying Tomato”
2020 Volvo XC40 T4 AWD
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Return to Suspension and Brakes